by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield's Commitment to Positive Play

★★★★★ Newbie

you are right

Message 81 of 90 (1,970 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 Positive play... you added a friggin teabag charm 😆 we can't say * but you can dip your tea bag into the other guys mouth and get an emoji to show it off.

It's just funny to me
Message 82 of 90 (1,952 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fk the game, sever *

Message 83 of 90 (1,936 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 Look. Write clan ingame then its ****** how Are clan a bad word? And if its really was a positiv game then all defending borders should be moved to first flag so they cant go further than that. As it now Are they can move so close to attacking spawn and just camp and ruin game experience. Guess that youtube montage heros would go berzerk if they couldt show of there "skill'
Message 84 of 90 (1,857 Views)

★★ Novice

i wish it was, i can't even type to other players and have a good conversation. what is wrong with this game. i just want to play and have fun. i do most of the time but chat and joining other squads is getting in the way like no other battlefield game ever has.

Message 85 of 90 (1,844 Views)

★★ Novice

i can't even add a player i consider good to my list or group. the game is broken

Message 86 of 90 (1,834 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This game is bonkers... bodyshots over headshots, rockets that you shoot at people disappear, bullets that follow you around corners, stealth choppers with endless flares, and people who glide everywhere.

Used to like this game, had done so since bad company... the destruction was an awesome touch but if these creators can't spend more time figuring out the glitches then im giving up. Never much liked MW but at this point I'd rather deal with hackers than a game created by * people who can't seem to fix what could be, the best 1PS game ever.

I'm out guys, hit me when battlefield gets their stuff together.

Message 87 of 90 (1,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PC cheating is making the game totally unbearable , total disadvantage for console players , reporting players yields a very very weak response !!!

Message 88 of 90 (1,598 Views)

★ Guide

This is a message directly to DICE & Electronic Arts.

It's now been 2 years and 5 months since this 'commitment' went live. 

In that whole time, various community members continue to face constant harassment when they play the game, to no end because EA & DICE won't do anything about it. 

It's not about whether these community members do exceedingly well in their matches or whether they do poorly, it's about protecting everyone who is a part of this community, to ensure that their gameplay is fair and that there are no breaches to the terms which are agreed upon by playing any of EA's games. This commitment to positive play, should be exactly that, a commitment to ensure that everyone can play, enjoy and fall in love with Battlefield - no matter your views on the games released. It's about protecting the players to allow them to enjoy the games that they want to play in a positive environment.

If we refer to the User Agreement for Battlefield 2042 which is presented to every player when they load up the game for the first time, that agreement under Section 6 for 'Rules of Conduct' clearly states 'When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:', referring to a selection of rules under the listed section: 

- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Harrass, threaten, bully embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Contribute UGC or organize or participate in any activity, group or guild that is inappropriate, abusive, harrassing, profane, threatening, hateful, offensive, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invades another's privacy, or is otherwise reasonably objectionable.
- Engage in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of an EA Service.
- Use information about users publicly available in any EA Service (e.g. on a leaderboard) for any purpose unrelated to the Service, including to attempt to identify such users in the real world.
- Promote, encourage or take part in any of the prohibited activity described above.

SECTION SUMMARY: To enforce these rules, we may monitor your activity and remove any UGC. If you don't follow these rules, we may warn you, suspend you, or ban you permanently from playing our games. 

To continue on, the recommended action from EA & DICE is to report any abuse or actions which may breach the User Agreement by using either the in-game reporting tools or by utilising the 'EA Help' services. I have personally questioned whether these reporting tools even work as I've seen no viable actions taken from reporting several players during my time playing the game since launch. It is very concerning that the players whom I have seen being harassed constantly, are still dealing with the harassment whenever they play the game. Often the harassers are groups of people organised to attack an individual. This behavior is unacceptable in this community. I for one do not stand for it, and I'm sure there are a lot of others that also do not stand for it. If you need any evidence of harassment claims, start by acknowledging claims, listening to community members and then put your words in to actions for all of the community to see. This isn't just about positive play in Battlefield 2042, it should actually set the foundation for something bigger covering any other Battlefield in the future but so far all the community has seen is inaction.

This post is more to urge EA & DICE to enforce their commitment to the players of this community. So far all we've seen is words, It's now the time to take the appropriate action as stated clearly in the User Agreement that you have everyone accept. Those terms are bound to each player which chooses to play the game, there are no exceptions or rules which state action cannot be taken against rule breakers.

I shouldn't need to list the individuals who are being harassed here at all, and for privacy's sake in an attempt to prevent any further unwanted attention on their ends. Please consider that they have already used both the tools provided for reporting in-game, as well as the EA Help channels. Those reports are already out there somewhere on EA / DICE's end. It's time that you start investigating and committing to the Positive Play guidelines.

Message 89 of 90 (198 Views)

★ Guide
@Straatford87 Dear developers, how much can I ask you? Split the servers! Why are players forced to play on PC with PS5/Xbox?! There are few players on one of the consoles, then just make united servers for consoles (ps5+xbox). But without a PC. It’s very uncomfortable to play, especially when there are a lot of cheaters on PC.
Message 90 of 90 (151 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help