Battlefield Briefing: Welcome to Battlefield Portal

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Briefing: Welcome to Battlefield Portal

★★ Novice

Absolutely loving this! I really hope they expand on content for Portal and eventually bring in all legacy maps (especially from BF2 and BF3).

Not sure if I've missed this, but is there a commander mode in here too? I really enjoyed and missed the destructible and repairable Command Centre, Radar, and Cannons from BF2, knocking out radios, visibility and resupplies for the enemy commander.

Also... if we can turn off bases and only have outposts or turn bases into outposts maybe.

What's more interesting for me is, will there be the ability to remove tickets/time limit and have a persistent game until last man is standing / all enemy units have been eliminated?

What I've wanted to do, in conquest... is both teams have unlimited respawns until one team has captured all outposts from the enemy, turning off respawns for both teams. The game ends when all enemy units have been eliminated at this point (respawns turn on when an outpost is lost). There is some balancing tweaks that could be done at this point.

Just a thought.  

Message 81 of 95 (4,328 Views)

Hero
@YUUMA_jp That isn't possible unfortunately. The limitations of PS4/XB1 mean that they won't be able to play with PS5/Xbox Series/PC at all.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 82 of 95 (4,311 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Straatford87 Hey, I was wondering if class kits will drop from dead soldiers in Portal version of Battlefield 1942?
Message 83 of 95 (4,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 would be also AMAZING if we could just upload a config file.. but this is amazing work cant wait to see it in action
Message 84 of 95 (4,287 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 This looks amazing! Will we have the ability to change the time of day ? Caspian Boarder at 2:3am perhaps
Message 85 of 95 (4,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello

I had a couple questions regarding the Rules Editor. 1.) Will there be a way to complie and debugg code if we run into any issues 2.) will we be able comment out code that we built into our proejct? the reason being maybe I like a set of rules or varibles that i use in one game mode that created and want to tranfer over them to a new project.

Message 86 of 95 (4,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just a quick question. If I start the server with a few friends and backfill with AI up to 128 players (including my few friends)  if new people join, does it automatically kick AI out until there are 128 players and no AI?

Message 87 of 95 (4,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

BF4 Nansha Strike/Lost islands/Wave Breaker  should be in Portal without any discussions!!!

Message 88 of 95 (4,096 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any plans for adding thing from Battlefield One?

Message 89 of 95 (4,095 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I shared a code with a clan mate where do  they enter  this code to start server with the custom rules on their game? 

Message 90 of 95 (4,070 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help