Battlefield Briefing: Welcome to Battlefield Portal

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Briefing: Welcome to Battlefield Portal

★ Novice
@Straatford87 It would seem this 4 character in squad max is hard wired into the bf series since just after bf2. In my view this remains one of the biggest mistakes ever made. Please bring back 6 person squads. Falls on deaf ears. Rant over and out.
Message 71 of 95 (4,332 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm hoping we can make a mode with every squad for themselves with 1 life per squad.

Message 72 of 95 (4,330 Views)

Hero
@CorruptPK It's been confirmed that Portal can't be used to make Battle Royale modes unfortunately.

If you read the blog post below you should see a paragraph saying "There will be some limitations such as not being able to build a Battle Royale mode (yes, we knew you would ask)".

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-Announcements/Battlefield-Briefing-Exploring-Battlefield-Porta...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

I hope we'll meet again
Message 73 of 95 (4,283 Views)

★ Apprentice

A very big request to add the ability to create an SQDM game mode in the portal. I support this mode with my servers in bf3 and bf4. I would like this mode to live in the bf2042 portal. Thanks. I really hope that someone hears me. Servers bf3,bf4: https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/4618238a-2ac2-4e9f-b088-7cf196d984c0/BF-BRO-SQ... https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/pc/17bb61fe-db53-45cf-a08d-44d43a6aa2dd/BF-BRO-SQ...

Message 74 of 95 (4,277 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm looking forward to just having a server for our community nights where we can rotate all maps. I've never been so excited for a Battlefield title.

Message 75 of 95 (4,262 Views)

★★ Novice
@Straatford87 Please go to Jeff Bezos and Google and ask for 2million servers for people to rent and just take my money so, we can have Admins and leave server setups going.
Message 76 of 95 (4,247 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 As a person who runs community servers the option to add people as admins and make a queue skip list should be added to the community games is a must, I would even pay for a premium community games service to be able to host multiple servers and have this as an option. My server in Battlefield V is currently up just about 24/7 and I cant admin it constantly. The ability to add my community members as mods or admins would be nice to have, We had this option with Battlefield 1 lost it with Battlefield V. If you guys really are reading the feedback and listening to the community I am surprised it hasn't been implemented yet and I hope to see it in a near post launch update if not at launch
Message 77 of 95 (4,247 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there going to be scoreboard for the whole team, not just the squad? Private squads, squad making, squad creating, this was missing in beta, was this your choosing, or this will be fixed for release?

Message 78 of 95 (4,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Looks nice Standard smile 
@Straatford87I didn't see mentioning about server naming, I hope you can edit the name and also details?
As I have been admin in many BF servers so there should be certain functions available. 
How about turn off AFK kick or set it that it's not active before x amount of players?
How about VIP ? Should have VIP into your clan/community? And how about setting multiple admins? One admin can't do all the work, so there should be possible to add multiple moderators (as in BF1). Also if one admin who created the servers for the community goes to holidays, who will be the admin? Has to make new server etc... 

How about clantags and platoons? Are they supported? They should be Standard smile

Message 79 of 95 (4,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic

If you set 64 man rule and medium size maps, you can join the same sever between next-gen consoles and Xbox One/PS4? I know it's not cross gen though.

And I wonder vehicle behavior can be switched per series, like Jets in BF3 or BF4. Or is it common just like vehicles in BF2042?

Message 80 of 95 (4,116 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help