Battlefield Briefing: Welcome to Battlefield Portal

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Briefing: Welcome to Battlefield Portal

★★★★★ Novice

I didn't see it anywhere, but is there a lower-limit to the number of players on small or medium maps? I think in BF4 it was 4, same with BF1 and V's community games.

Also, is it possible to switch people from team to team on private servers? for example, if it's A+B vs C+D for round 1, can we easily make it A+C vs B+D for round 2. In BF4 this could be done by the individual, same on BF1 I believe, but in BFV no team switching was permitted (neither the server admin nor the individual could decide which team they were on).

Message 21 of 95 (3,253 Views)

★★ Novice
@Straatford87 This is amazing! I know there will be some battlefield players dedicating their hours making the best possible battlefield portal maps. The community will thrive with portal and I love it!
Message 22 of 95 (3,249 Views)

★★ Guide
@Straatford87 This is sounding incredible!! Can't wait to create some insane experiences!!
Message 23 of 95 (3,247 Views)

★ Apprentice

2 questions can we run older maps from bf3 bad company 2 and bf1942 with 128 players? do they have 128 player size maps now?  also how much xp do we earn can we rank up still on portal servers?  is the xp the same as on official dice servers?

Message 24 of 95 (3,242 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@GODFIRE-RichWPS I am wondering the same thing, I currently run one of 2 or 3 Hardcore servers in NA for BFV and its full almost 24/7, my gripe is I cant make my other members admins to watch over it when im not on
Message 25 of 95 (3,234 Views)

@Straatford87 Looks outstanding. One question that I have is can we choose classic Conquest capture mechanics instead of the WW3 type D1, D2, D3 Capture mechanics on 2042 maps? Can we choose a smaller 64 man or 24 man Classic Conquest or Conquest Small on 2042 maps?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 26 of 95 (3,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This really looks great and is everything I hoped it would be. So many options. Great job guys.

Message 27 of 95 (3,209 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Well done.

And a big thank you for making aim assist/zoom snap something we can toggle off, minor detail in the grand scheme of things but stuck out to me.

Most of the hardcore crowd should be pretty happy with this too with the friendly fire toggle, and i'm personally just happy that it looks like we can do some clean BF3 recreations on old and new maps.

Message 28 of 95 (3,205 Views)

★ Guide
@Straatford87 - Is it possible to adjust the amount of individual vehicle types for each map / base / flag?

If you wanted to add more tanks to a map like El Alamein so it plays more like like the very tank heavy Operation Aberdeen from BF1942, would that be possible?

If you wanted to add more vehicle spawns to certain capture points to make them even more crucial and valuable, is that doable?

Or are the vehicle amounts all hard coded by DICE? From what I've seen and read here, you can only choose and restrict which vehicles from which era get used at all, and alter spawn timers. (not looking forward to instant vehicle spawn servers becoming a menace once again!)
Message 29 of 95 (3,195 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Looks pretty basic but its something. Wish you gave us proper SDK and terrain tools.

Message 30 of 95 (3,194 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help