Original Post

Re: Battlefield Briefing: Exploring Battlefield Portal

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry for the swearing but [Removed - CM] WOW

Message 11 of 92 (2,075 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 What more can I say than YES?!
Message 12 of 92 (2,073 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you, everything you saw in the trailer is legendary

Message 13 of 92 (2,069 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Straatford87 Very nice. Now where is the BF2142 addition to this?? At the end of the trailer when that guy looked up in the sky I expected him to see a huge titan in the air.
Message 14 of 92 (2,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nobody wants a BR it’s only clowns who still play warzone

Message 15 of 92 (2,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This all sounds amazing - but I have just a couple concerns regarding this:

"Community Experiences are created when you make a match, and will remain online while the Experience has players active."

The thing is we have community games in BFV - I tried starting a Rush-only community game last Friday night, advertised it on Discords (Battlefield's even), Twitter, my personal friends, etc. - but because community games are kind of... "hidden" in BFV and not always up, its hard to get a server filled.

1. How will Portal be front-and-center for the community so people actually take advantage of this?

2. Why make it so someone HAS to be in the server for it to be up? I want to make a server for communities I help manage or maybe create on my own; I don't want to have to think to be present 24/7 to have it up for my communities to take part. I'd be willing to pay for it, just as community members have been in the past.

Message 16 of 92 (2,028 Views)

Hero

Looking like fun Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 17 of 92 (2,024 Views)

★ Apprentice

KIN_Portal_H4.jpg

Battlefield 2042’s progression is synchronized and will allow you to contribute to your experience gains by playing throughout the various available game modes.

We’ll be talking lots more on progression later this year, so stay tuned!

Message 18 of 92 (2,021 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

wrong, i dont play warzone. But i do enjoy BR mode. BF i know could make the best current times most realistic one . Obviously they knew so many would want to know if they could make it in Portal its literally the ONLY thing they singled out that you can not make and knew people would ask. So go sniff some more glue. 

Message 19 of 92 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm excited that they took many ideas we have used over the years in PRoCon and made them basically native options.  

This is fantastic, and a great step.  It will fail if you do not allow a 24/7 option for running community servers (Could be a premium paid option).  EA killed many gaming communities when they didn't include an RSP program in BF1 and BF5.   PC players do not want a console experience, as you can see from how BF4 has far more players than the other Battlefield games combined.  Don't ruin this!

Edit:  Don't forget the ability to delegate admin control to other users for the "experiences" you create.

Message 20 of 92 (2,009 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help