why did i pay more for living in europe?

by SNES_Chalmers0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why did i pay more for living in europe?

★★★ Newbie

so i preordered bf4 a moment ago. now it being a digital download and thus having no shipping costs....

why did i pay €60 when the price on the us origins site is $60?

at the current exchange rate i actually paid $21 more for the same game. should the price not be closer to €45?

Message 1 of 3 (205 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why did i pay more for living in europe?

Hero

Because you were willing to pay 60 euro while a typical American wont shelve out 81.36 US Dollar for it.

It's basic economy, at what price do EA need to set the price to earn the largest amount of money. There's plenty other factors to take into account when setting prices but that's the biggest one.

Now that being said, that you bought it on Origin is probably the most expensive place you could have bought it.

As you can see from an old thread of mine: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Cheap-Battlefield-4-Premium-where-to-get-it-what-to-get/m-p/1...

I payed only 43 euro for the main game (and 35.50 euro for Premium) by buying it at a different store.

Games on Steam is also way to expensive so Origin is not alone in that.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (209 Views)

Hero

No one forced you to pay this. Normally in the EU (at least the country where I live), PC games cost €50 on digital download services and often less in multimedia stores like Saturn. You chose to pay €60.

I personally wait for price reductions. I buy most of my PC games during the Steam sales or from the Humble Bundle.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (195 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Because you were willing to pay 60 euro while a typical American wont shelve out 81.36 US Dollar for it.

It's basic economy, at what price do EA need to set the price to earn the largest amount of money. There's plenty other factors to take into account when setting prices but that's the biggest one.

Now that being said, that you bought it on Origin is probably the most expensive place you could have bought it.

As you can see from an old thread of mine: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Cheap-Battlefield-4-Premium-where-to-get-it-what-to-get/m-p/1...

I payed only 43 euro for the main game (and 35.50 euro for Premium) by buying it at a different store.

Games on Steam is also way to expensive so Origin is not alone in that.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 3 (210 Views)

Hero

No one forced you to pay this. Normally in the EU (at least the country where I live), PC games cost €50 on digital download services and often less in multimedia stores like Saturn. You chose to pay €60.

I personally wait for price reductions. I buy most of my PC games during the Steam sales or from the Humble Bundle.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (196 Views)