Re: when i play the BF4 my computer was lagging

by TheStevieJ

Original Post

when i play the BF4 my computer was lagging

★★★ Newbie

I play the BF4 today but don't know why my computer lagging.

Message 1 of 8 (568 Views)

Battlefield 4 bad fps lag

★★★ Newbie

I have the latest AMD drivers, AMD Radeon HD 7770, 12 GB ram, but it still gives really bad fps lag. also sometimes freezes mid game or duirng level loading and boots me, my friends have worse GPU's and theres works fine. any suggestions/fixes?

Message 2 of 8 (607 Views)

Massive Stuttering

★★ Novice

The best I can describe my issue is that when I turn around objects and whatnot, said objects don't transition smoothly.  Instead, they "skip" sideways, not smooth, cancelling out the pretty constant 60 fps.  I had the problem in BF3 as well, but that was pretty much resolved when I started using rivaturner to check my framerate.  I can't see the program working in BF4, so I don't know if that's a factor here.  Any tips, solutions for  this? 

Message 3 of 8 (575 Views)

3-4 fps on 770 gtx

★★ Apprentice

My friend have unplayable fps with geforce 770 gtx.

Clean installation of latest drivers (331.65) did not help.

Bf3 and other games runs perfectly on utlra. 

Cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 Deneb 965

6 gig ram

Message 4 of 8 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

If you were streaming on Twitch try these steps: https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-info-for-battlefield-4#twitch

Also, run DXSETUP.exe from this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist

barry.png
Message 5 of 8 (549 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 bad fps lag

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Vb7sibity wrote:

I have the latest AMD drivers, AMD Radeon HD 7770, 12 GB ram, but it still gives really bad fps lag. also sometimes freezes mid game or duirng level loading and boots me, my friends have worse GPU's and theres works fine. any suggestions/fixes?

The Op never provided enough information to allow anyone here to attempt a response.  You really needed your own message thread, same as everyone else, other than the OP. 

The Battlefield games need both good GPUs and good CPUs.  You haven't yet told us your CPU data, nor your OS data. 

Message 6 of 8 (525 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am on a

FX 8120 (OC to 3.6ghz from 3.1)

HD Radeon 7770 (OC)

4gb ram

I get drops to 0-30 fps near enough all the damn time in combat, with the latest AMD Drivers, no matter what setting I play on.

I even play with no AA and on 1366x768 resolution. Did you damn optimize this game dice? Its **bleep**ing terrible.

Message 7 of 8 (376 Views)

★★★ Novice

i personally think this is the game and not any of your systems. it has to be patched by DICE. after all, the game has only been out for a little over a month. BF3 has been out for 3 years and is much better optimized.

Message 8 of 8 (314 Views)