unable to download bf4

by usgrimreaper

Original Post

unable to download bf4

★★★★ Novice

My download for bf4 was corrupt after trying to install china rising, now i cannot download the game (decided to do a fresh install) the download gets to between 60 and 80 percent then loops over, have tried the Google DNS settings and a flush, still on going... any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (222 Views)

Re: unable to download bf4

★★★★ Expert

Corrupted File

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to get to the Task Manager. Open Services tab. Locate PnkBstrB service and as you can see, it’s in stopped state. Right mouse click that and press Start Service. See if your problem is gone, if it’s not, continue to next step.

2. Locate Battlefield 4 folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\ and right mouse click pbsvc.exe and click Run as Administrator. Hit Test Services.

3. You should see that test is running.

4. If you have any kind of errors here, please go to step 1 andInstall/Reinstall Punkbuster service, and after that go again to Task Manager -> Services and start Punkbuster services if those are in Stopped state.

Or Last option

Delete all the BF4 file & expansion and reinstall,this usually works,but takes a long time to download.

Hope this helps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others & all . Click XP for my effort in helping! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem.I'm helping you because I'm also a victim of EA for releasing their half baked products to us,gamers.

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Message 2 of 5 (211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is the option i went with....

Delete all the BF4 file & expansion and reinstall,this usually works,but takes a long time to download.

now i cannot download the game... please read the post before giving an inaccurate response

Message 3 of 5 (208 Views)

★★★★ Expert

That was what I'm telling you,delete the download and reinstall.

But did you update punkbuster first?

Message 4 of 5 (204 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I uninstalled punkbuster, what difference would it make updating, still having download issues, tried on my laptop and on my main pc.... still rolling back, please give me a solution

Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)