this has probably been asked but bf4 on ps4 freezing at start menu and erroring out..cannot even play the game

by bigern69

Original Post

this has probably been asked but bf4 on ps4 freezing at start menu and erroring out..cannot even play the game

★★★ Newbie

everytime i try to load bf4 up to play it freezes at the screen that says press the option button and when you close the app it errors out..i got all the latest updates to date and it keeps doing it..when i first got it on the ps4 it played just fine minus some server issues but now cant even play single player..please help!!!

Spoiler

Message 1 of 12 (8,376 Views)

Re: this has probably been asked but bf4 on ps4 freezing at start menu and erroring out..cannot even play the game

★★★ Newbie

Why isn't  this fixed when will it be fixed?

Message 2 of 12 (8,335 Views)

Re: this has probably been asked but bf4 on ps4 freezing at start menu and erroring out..cannot even play the game

★★★ Newbie

It happened at least 40 times to me

Message 3 of 12 (8,333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have no idea..im pretty patient when it comes to these things because i know how software works but i cant find if they are working on it or not, maybe im not looking in the right places..lol or im just overlooking that they are aware..regardless i would just like to know that they are working on it.

Message 4 of 12 (8,332 Views)

EA Staff

If you could provide the exact error message, that would help a lot.

I had a couple issues and noticed that by deleting all Saved Data (yes, your campaign WILL be restarted) and removing all BF4 data, restarting the console and then reinstalling, the issue hasn't re-occurred.

Have you tried this?

X

Message 5 of 12 (8,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is the process in which it happens..insert the game disc..start the game and when i get to the start menu to enter the main menu it freezes up..close the application and it comes up with an error code CE-34878-0..ive deleted the game off my harddrive and searched for anything related to bf4 on my system and reinstalled more than once to see if that would fix the problem and problem still occurs

Message 6 of 12 (8,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That actually worked for me. I had the same issue and I can get in now. Thanks guy!

Message 7 of 12 (8,232 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tried but didnt work... Also tried with the factory settings, but didnt work too. What to do?

Message 8 of 12 (7,843 Views)

Re: this has probably been asked but bf4 on ps4 freezing at start menu and erroring out..cannot even

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem today.  I kept restarting the system, and even deleting my saved data.  It didn't help.  For some reason, when I turned wireless off on the PS4, the game went into the main menu, where I could play the campain if I wanted to.  Then I turned wireless back on, and BOOM, it works!  Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 12 (7,017 Views)

Re: this has probably been asked but bf4 on ps4 freezing at start menu and error

★★★ Newbie

The error code is CE-34878. 

If I was to delete all of the game data will I lose my captures (gameplay recordings)?

Message 10 of 12 (3,342 Views)