"Was there did that" dog tag missing in BF4

by ThePhantomSnake

Original Post

"Was there did that" dog tag missing in BF4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I played every Battlefield game starting from BF2142 to BF:HL including all betas open/closed, so i know i'm supposed to have this tag, i do have the other beta tag called "i was there" if that matters at all.

Help please?

System: Xbox one/Battlelog

Gamertag: ThePhantomSnake

Message 1 of 8 (1,172 Views)

Re: "Was there did that" dog tag missing in BF4

Hero (Retired)

@ThePhantomSnake

You had to have played on that exact account.  If you did not receive it, that is too bad, and nothing can be done now.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 8 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I stated that i DID play the beta and the subject is that the tag is MISSING.

Also the game STILL deletes story progression for some reason along with the assignments linked to it from consoles but thats not why im here (battlelog still keeps track though)

Message 3 of 8 (1,152 Views)

Hero

I believe you only get the "was there did that" dogtag for the platform that your soldier played the beta on. As you played the beta on Xbox360 and not on the XboxOne you have the dogtag on Xbox360 and not on XboxOne. As there was not beta for next gen consoles these just don't have that dogtag.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 8 (1,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This tag as well as other tags are all account bound, and anything earned on 360 was transferred to xbox one when you switched over, they did the same with ps3-ps4, a few other games did the same also, but were limited time, like everyones favorite "car stealing game" (don't wanna get in trouble for saying the name lol)

Just thought i would add this in, if you wanna read about it, ign has a post talking about it

look up "battlefield 4 data transfer"

its from 2013 lol

Message 5 of 8 (1,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's not only account bound, it's soldier bound.

When your soldier was transfered so was the Xbox360 beta participation, it didn't get converted to XBone participation because you didn't participate on the XBone (there was no beta for this). Since it's now a XBone soldier, only XBone participation will show the dogtag, like a PC soldier will only show it if you were in the beta on PC. There was no beta for the XBone so noone on Xbone (or PS4 for that matter) has that dogtag, only soldiers that can play on PS3, XB360 and PC can have the dogtag listed.

I know plenty of beta testers who play on all 5 platforms and only have this dogtag on those 3 platforms but not the new consoles.

In short, it's working as intended.

Look at @ragnarok013 's Battlelog profile http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/ragnarok013/ - he has the game and pretty much everything on all platforms = 5 soldiers but only 3 soldiers have that dogtag.

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 8 (1,121 Views)

★ Novice

I was playing the NS maps to finish some assignments and was killed by someone wearing it about 4-6 days ago, and before i thought the same thing your trying to tell me, but clearly it is functioning as a item that was supposed to be carried over, im here because i saw him wearing it and then realised i did'nt have it anymore.

Message 7 of 8 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Or it's just a bug that the guy killing you were wearing it or it was the "I was there" dogtag and you mistook it for the other one. In any case, it's either a few people or everyone else being bugged with this dogtag, it doesn't really matter, if there's even another patch for BF4 it might be fixed, but otherwise I it might not. As it doesn't affect gameplay I would not hold my breath on this one.

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 8 (1,104 Views)