"Waiting for game to exit"

by N1Marc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Waiting for game to exit"

★★★★★ Novice

Since the update i have the problem that i can't connect to any server at all. Everytime i try to join a server i just get the message "Waiting for game to exit" even though it didnt start yet. Yesterday i think i made it work by killing the punkbuster task in task manager, but the you get kicked out of servers ofc. I hope anyone has a fix for this, this is really annoying

Message 1 of 31 (133,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Waiting for game to exit"

Hero (Retired)

If you are using Chrome, this is your issue.  Chrome does not support plug-in launching anymore, and the "Plug-in free launching" option is a bit buggy.  You will have to stick with Firefox for now, as I have seen many with issues in IE and Edge. If you like those browsers, and they happen to work for you, go ahead and use them, its just my recommendation for now is Firefox.  When you do switch browsers, make sure you install the latest plug-in.  Also, to fix the "Waiting for game to exit" when a server fails to join, you need to kill the program in task manager.  If it is not appearing in the task manager, simply log out of Battlelog and log back in.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

View in thread

Message 3 of 31 (169,686 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Hello.

I have same problem with Chrome. New Edge browser seems to work! 

Message 2 of 31 (133,037 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If you are using Chrome, this is your issue.  Chrome does not support plug-in launching anymore, and the "Plug-in free launching" option is a bit buggy.  You will have to stick with Firefox for now, as I have seen many with issues in IE and Edge. If you like those browsers, and they happen to work for you, go ahead and use them, its just my recommendation for now is Firefox.  When you do switch browsers, make sure you install the latest plug-in.  Also, to fix the "Waiting for game to exit" when a server fails to join, you need to kill the program in task manager.  If it is not appearing in the task manager, simply log out of Battlelog and log back in.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 3 of 31 (169,687 Views)

★★★ Novice

Didn't work for me, used Firefox, says Waiting for game to Exit.

Message 4 of 31 (114,715 Views)

★ Novice

this has been a problem with firefox for the last few weeks, the game will join but the tag will say something like failed to join server. then when exiting the thing will hang for five minutes

I7-4930k @ 4.0ghz

32Gb @2400mhz

500gb samsung 850 evo

3xsli 980ti FTW (EVGA)

Message 5 of 31 (114,045 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with Battlefield 3. I've tried Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. However, I did figure out a way to get it to work (though it doe not fix the problem).

Steps:

1) Try to join a game. Let it say "Waiting for game to exit" until it gives up and says "ERROR Could not launch game. Please make sure it's installed correctly" or "ERROR Could not communicate with BF3. Please use the Task Manager to close it down."

2) Once you get one of those messages, hit the yellow "Reconnect" button and then immediately click the "Servers" button that will appear in the same area where the reconnect button was. 

After you follow those steps it should say Joining Server > Connecting and let you in. 

Hope this helps. Though if someone knows how to fix the problem all-together, that would be great. 

Message 6 of 31 (113,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

"Use another browser" is in no way a solving of the problem. If you went to a carshop to get your vehicle fixed you wouldn't take "take the bus!" as an answer, either.

ofc the problem still exists.

Message 7 of 31 (113,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

problem is origin it self --dont know why they using this f... origin for this game but if u got problems just kill origin and start again . Chrome working fine 

I think im gonna swith to steam and leave this f... origin games . Dont have any stranght too fight with new broke down updates to this f... origin *

Message 8 of 31 (108,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its a problem with origin -and this f... login to AE and those * . game it self work fine . 100% this f.. new upgrade.

If u turn origin on and than w8 a while, origin will reboot it self and then u start bf3 or bf4 -- its because too many guys on bf1 or they just * up another upgrade

Message 9 of 31 (108,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did not help me at all becuse im using firefox right now and i have the same problem that others have with other browsers

Message 10 of 31 (99,269 Views)