"Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loading checkpoint.

by kanethesaint

Original Post

Re: "Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loadin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Have you tried that one:

In the games section, go up until you have "Game Data Serviceprogram" or something like this (german here). NOT the Savegame Data... but the Game Data....

There, search for BF 4, and delete it. Then plug out your internet (cable) and install Battlefield again. (I am doing that right now.) The savegames should be there and BF is NOT patched anymore. Play until you have that mission complete, then plug in again the ethernet and download the patch. I hope that works. I really hope that. Wink

[edit 1] after reinstall, I had to start a new campaign. Lucky that this is just the second mission and not one of the last ones....

[edit 2] I did not get killed where I had to be, so I cannot tell you if the "cheat" worked.

But I can tell you, all saved data was still here. You can try that without loss....

After patching again, everything runs fine.

Message 71 of 112 (2,729 Views)

★ Novice

same * problem

Message 72 of 112 (2,531 Views)

★ Novice

How the hell is this meant to work.....

Message 73 of 112 (2,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too. 

Message 74 of 112 (2,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just had an angry phonecall with Ea, as well as the refund department . Basically they acted confused about the subject then said it must be a problem with the console or that I didn't go through the troubleshooting properly. When I raised the issue that even on the forums, multiple people have also faced this problem aswell as selling a product that isn't suitable for play because it is faulty,  they kind of went silent an have gave me a reference number in which Playstation network will be refunding.

I do wonder if Playstation network will remove the game or maybe they'll be happy to just constantly hear complaints an have more drama in relation to all their other problems atm.

CAN SOMEONE SAY PSN NETWORK DOWN............................................

Message 75 of 112 (2,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

eu também tenho este problema. Muito decepcionado com a EA.  

Message 76 of 112 (2,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well at least I'm not alone. Just got the game and I'm having the same exact problem. This may be the worst bug I've ever seen in a "finished" game. Guess my only option is to do the "don't die" strategy, which isn't always so easy on the hardest setting. It's even more annoying because the blackout comes late in the level, and now I have to go back and start from the beginning if I die at that point. Ugh.

Message 77 of 112 (2,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just got bf4 two days ago. Trying to unlock the 249 for multiplayer but of course I can't get passed the second mission. Gonna try not to die & see if it works
Message 78 of 112 (2,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie
OK so it was fine until I died. I think you have to just start the mission over, then stay alive.
Message 79 of 112 (2,067 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"FIX": To fix this you have to replay the mission SHANGHAI. preferably on easy, and complete the vip area without dying. its hard, and kind of bull, but untill fixed, thats how it works. Thanks, peace out.

Message 80 of 112 (2,045 Views)