"Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loading checkpoint.

by kanethesaint

Original Post

Re: "Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loadin

★★★ Newbie

You have to restart the level and play through the rooftop bit without dying. If you put it on easy. it shouldn't take too long. Very annoying, though. Last time I ever buy an EA game!

Message 91 of 112 (2,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Reported this today after trying on and off since August 2014 to get past this level. After going through 4 different people they said this had never been on their list of bugs and had never been reported. The case number is 2160601. We'll see what happens next. Apparently I will be contacted by the studio team by email. I'll keep everyone informed. In the meantime, everytime EA post on the Customer Support page I reply with a question about this bug.

Message 92 of 112 (2,105 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

DesDevlin, do you have anything new information? I bought Battlefield 4 three days ago and I found the same problem. In the EA's Hungarian office never heard about that problem. I don't have other problem with the game, but  this is very annoying, when you bought a 2 years old game and it's still has a big bug, like this. (P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.)

Message 93 of 112 (2,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have you ever got some news? Can you post here when you have news?
I'm having the same problem.
Message 94 of 112 (2,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have no news guys. EA or DICE never contacted me and closed the case without consulting me at all. I did go to EA chat for help and by the time they made me do the usual stuff like clearing cache and game data I managed to play through without getting killed. If I could suggest anything it would be as soon as the helicopter leaves, head down the left hand side of the rooftop as there are only a few soldiers that way. Go back into the room where you first entered the rooftop. Hit the guys with the gas masks hard as you can as they have shotguns and it only takes one hit when they are close to kill you. If necessary go down the stairs into the small room and pick them off as they come down the stairs. Eventually the Chinese soldiers will thin out and you will be able to start picking them off. Again watch out for the guys with gas masks.

This bug is never going to be fixed. DICE created the game and they obviously don't care about their reputation as it came out riddled with bugs. EA obviously can't do anything about it as the internet is awash with complaints about this bug they've never even acknowledged it's existence. I'll try to avoid any games made by DICE in the future. EA will be harder to avoid as they distribute but I'll avoid them as much as possible.

Message 95 of 112 (2,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The reported issue still persists (and it's already Feb 16).

I bought the game yesterday and I had to update it after downloading before I was able to start playing.

I get the same bug after the helicopter. Will try to replay w/o dying. Thanks everyone.
Message 96 of 112 (1,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem I die and then its black
Message 97 of 112 (1,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same Issue aswell! * DICE FIX THIS! This bug exsits 3 years now

Message 98 of 112 (1,382 Views)

★ Novice

Deleted & downloaded the game & update three times. Still have the same issue.

Message 99 of 112 (1,352 Views)

★ Novice

Just realized the problem still existed since 12/15/13. The game is still being sold with a glitch 3 years later? EA should be ashamed!

Message 100 of 112 (1,350 Views)