Re: "Account does not meet minimum requirements"

by abbeyboy101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Account does not meet minimum requirements"

★★★ Newbie

PS4.  When I fire up Battlefield 4, before the main screen even appears, the grey and orange Origin log in screen does not appear.  instead i get the same screen with a message "Account does not meet minimum requirements"

I have spoken with two different "Game advisors" over the course of about twelve hours and both have said "install an EA game demo and play it for ten mimutes to link your account.  ...that doesn't work, and is just silly.  Demo games don't have online access and have nothing to do with the origin accounts.

This account is a sub account on a primary PS4 account, but has full access and no age restrictions.  Is Origin trying to tell me I'm too young to play?

How do we fix this if the game advisors are no help?

Message 1 of 72 (81,872 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. The error message tells me to visit help.EA.com for more information, but there is no useful information to be found. However, I was able to get it working by setting up an Origin account for my son and then linking that Origin account to the new PSN subaccount I created. Here are the steps (from memory, hopefully I didn't screw one up):

1. Create a PSN subaccount for your kid

2. On PS4, try go play BF4. You get error message saying "Account does not meet minimum requirements" Booo!

3. In a web browser, go to origin.com. Logout if you are already signed in.

4. Create a new account on origin.com for your kid.

5. Logout of the origin account (yes, logout again)

6. Select Login again (yes, AGAIN) but this time choose the PSN option at the bottom of the Origin login screen. Sign in with your kids PSN subaccount.

7. Origin will now ask you to link the account. Link it to the account you created in step 4.

8. Now, finally, on PS4, try to play BF4 using your kids PSN sub-account. You should be good to go.

View in thread

Message 6 of 72 (95,792 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

Have you try to set up a new GAMETAG and link it to the Same ORIGIN account,issue maybe is your gametag?

You can set up a few PSN accounts and link it to ONE Origin Account.

Message 2 of 72 (81,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you get a fix? i have the same issue

Message 3 of 72 (81,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem. I just set up a sub account for my son. What is the fix for this?

Message 4 of 72 (81,588 Views)

★ Novice
Same problem on FIFA14 -seems to be a problem with linking sub accounts to origin accounts. Need an answer to this - damned if I'm creating more primary accounts at £40 per year...
Message 5 of 72 (81,559 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. The error message tells me to visit help.EA.com for more information, but there is no useful information to be found. However, I was able to get it working by setting up an Origin account for my son and then linking that Origin account to the new PSN subaccount I created. Here are the steps (from memory, hopefully I didn't screw one up):

1. Create a PSN subaccount for your kid

2. On PS4, try go play BF4. You get error message saying "Account does not meet minimum requirements" Booo!

3. In a web browser, go to origin.com. Logout if you are already signed in.

4. Create a new account on origin.com for your kid.

5. Logout of the origin account (yes, logout again)

6. Select Login again (yes, AGAIN) but this time choose the PSN option at the bottom of the Origin login screen. Sign in with your kids PSN subaccount.

7. Origin will now ask you to link the account. Link it to the account you created in step 4.

8. Now, finally, on PS4, try to play BF4 using your kids PSN sub-account. You should be good to go.

Message 6 of 72 (95,793 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You are a genius, this just worked on my sons ps4, he is so happy.
Message 7 of 72 (81,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, this worked!!

Message 8 of 72 (81,009 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

pivatehardson is right. Thank you I have been working for3 hours to get this to work.

Message 9 of 72 (80,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you! You did not miss a step, it worked just as you promised. My kid and I are very grateful!
Message 10 of 72 (80,793 Views)