punkbuster permanent ban battlefield 4

by Mr_3raqi

Original Post

Re: punkbuster permanent ban battlefield 4

★★★ Novice

You are unwisely assuming that the player took any such actions. 

This is factually not what happens. I've never cheated, and now I can't use ANY server that uses PB or PBBans...not because of any fault of mine.

FURTHER, EvenBalance is involved here at all because they were contracted by EA. EA is responsible. You can keep saying "third party" all you want and this will remain true.

Message 11 of 30 (1,359 Views)

Champion

And EA is not stopping you playing, you just cant play on servers governed by Punkbuster/Evenbalance.

PBBans take violations and turn them into their own bans, the server admins choose to use pbbans, and this is nothing to do with Punkbuster, so thats another appeal.

Your stats certainly don't scream cheat, but you wont get anywhere trying to provoke ea. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 30 (1,347 Views)

★★★ Novice

You're missing the point I've made several times now: Punkbuster is included with BF4. EA is responsible for it. If it's kicking and banning innocent people - which it is - then EA remains responsible, no matter how many times anyone says "third party" as some kind of magic invocation.

Also, thanks for the nice stats dig.

Message 13 of 30 (1,314 Views)

Champion

How you get it being a dig at you I don't know.  Usually you can see a sudden spike or a stat that's indicative of a cheater, I didn't see those in yours.

I'm not missing the point either.

Ea pay even balance to provide anticheat

Even balance say you cheated according to their detection.

Ea still haven't banned you.  You just cannot play on servers that use punkbuster.

Yes it sucks for those who are innocent.  But you also have to remember that those who are guilty also protest their innocence.  

We all signed the Eula, we all agreed to punkbuster.  

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 30 (1,307 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@StarscreamUK  some doesnt like to face reality of life, but its a tough world out there!  :o)

Message 15 of 30 (1,288 Views)

★★★ Novice

And some folks think they understand something when they don't. 

Message 16 of 30 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I have no good news for you regarding this issue.

In late April 2019 an excess multitude of bans went out for "violation (GAMEHACK) #83018", for a LOT of people.

You can appeal to EvenBalance until the cows come home, you'll get most copy-pasta responses and if you pester them enough you may get a human reply, but ultimately it won't really be of much use as they just look at the code and you're branded, no individual assistance will proceed and certainly not any that takes time. You won't hear about what program caused the flag to prevent future issues arising or anything that would help.

They are under the firm belief that their system is flawless (even after instances in 2018 banwave), and unfortunately you will ultimately be given the option of "Buy another copy" and that's it.

Here are a couple of threads with some really good information from USMCss07:-

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlelog-Launching-Issue-Origin/m-p/7842387#M231526

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/kicked-from-punkbuster-gamehack/m-p/8056221#M232317

Searching for similar instances comes up with many posts about sudden bans, and yes while many guilty people out there are liable to cry wolf, there are many innocent people out there that have been ignored. And it's a huge shame.

In my opinion, EA could've done more, but ultimately EvenBalance is a 3rd party company that likely had anymore incoming finances from EA stopped years ago and thus simply don't care enough to pursue any false bans as they're not getting it in the ear from anyone but both guilt and innocent users.

Maybe they get a royalty from every copy sold, which would leave them less inclined to help a small portion of players suffering from this issue, I don't know.

EA Customer Service were helpful, but they're bound by what they can and can't do ultimately, EvenBalance are the only ones that can look into it, and unless EA launch an official investigation, it won't happen.

That itself is likely to not happen as it costs resources, even of a singular person, for a game that's old and won't bring them in any money and  Battlefield 3 is approaching its 10th Anniversary, with BF4 behind it. 

BF2/2142 Servers were closed down after less than 10yrs (largely due to Gamespy however), and as brilliant as BF3 and BF4 are even today, I imagine the playerbase is a small percentage compared to BF1/V and they want people to look toward the future of BF6 and not invest in the past.

I'm afraid that your only options are to try and find servers without PunkBuster (Fairfight only) buy a new copy, or leave BF4 in your memories.

Otherwise there's a Petition that was started over a year ago here:-

http://chng.it/DSMN7Ywkcp

However, it's received far too little publicity and as such has too little signatures to even attempt to proceed to the next step.

Most people that had this issue likely just gave up on the issue and moved onto BF1/BFV or the other game franchises.

Message 17 of 30 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Novice

EvenBalance sent me a confirmation of my original ticket, and then nothing. They've replied to none of the comments on the ticket, have apparently lost any interest. They got EA's money and EA's customers are screwed, and then the insufferable people with stockholm syndrome in this forum rush to EA's defense when someone complains.

Nice racket, EA...and an even better one, Even Balance. What a joke.

Message 18 of 30 (1,090 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ragnarok013 j'ai exactement le même problème depuis novembre , des fois je peux jouer sur des serveur et ensuite non , j'ai du faire 4 ou 5 ticket déjà et pas une réponse , sans jamais avoir triché c'est tout simplement honteux
Message 19 of 30 (886 Views)

@demonsMAD wrote:
@ragnarok013 j'ai exactement le même problème depuis novembre , des fois je peux jouer sur des serveur et ensuite non , j'ai du faire 4 ou 5 ticket déjà et pas une réponse , sans jamais avoir triché c'est tout simplement honteux

Unfortunately appealing via Evenbalance is your only course of action as EA cannot lift your ban so this is the incorrect venue to pursue and appeal.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 20 of 30 (852 Views)