ping

by Haramboni

Original Post

ping

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i have no ping in the web browser (chrome) and ive gotten kicked several times with the message "please fix your ping" or along that line. I've tried different browsers (firefox and internet explorer), ive also tried to re/uninstall punkbuster and turned off anything that could block communication (firewall and antivirus). I've also tried removing the battlelog web plugin, but i can't get the update/download function to work from the battlelog site, and removing it have no effect on the site at all (removing from control panel and from its own uninstaller). I'm able to play on some servers for different amount of time without lag, but i don't have any ping in game.

I will upload an image of the server list.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)

Re: ping

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Possibly check your router's settings.  

Log into your router using a web browser and typing it's IP (likely your Gateway address in network adapter status).

Check around for wording like:

"block ICMP echo"

"Respond to Ping on Internet  (WAN) Port"

----

I've seen some cases where even though the Antivirus is disabled some features still cause problems.  Not specifically this case but it came to mind.  Could try stopping all it's startup entries for it's process and services associated with it; instead of straight up uninstalling it to test.

*edti*  ESET NOD32.  If you have that check it's Network tabs for wording about blocking ICMP.

Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)