origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please choose yes

by s1n9ularity

Original Post

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

★★★★★ Newbie
@Kashabuya This thread is very old, but even in 2019 I'm still having these issues and this still fixed it for me. So thanks.
Message 81 of 100 (2,893 Views)

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

★★★★★ Novice

For all who have trouble with the permission prompt...I've a found a solution from reddit poster YoloMcSwagginJR

- Press the Windowsbutton + R

- type in services.msc

- search for the Origin Client Service and right click to open properties

- set startup type to disabled

All I needed to do was to restart origin. Et voilà!

Message 82 of 100 (2,857 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@BarkTard works like a charm and get UAC prompt right away
Message 83 of 100 (2,805 Views)

★★★ Novice
@BarkTard Thank you, this solution worked for me
Message 84 of 100 (2,788 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@oden353 Thank you this works now
Message 85 of 100 (2,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thx u bro this step work for my laptop Large smile

Message 86 of 100 (2,612 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@BarkTard wrote:

For all who have trouble with the permission prompt...I've a found a solution from reddit poster YoloMcSwagginJR

- Press the Windowsbutton + R

- type in services.msc

- search for the Origin Client Service and right click to open properties

- set startup type to disabled

All I needed to do was to restart origin. Et voilà!

Oh thank f***. This problem was driving me nuts, but disabling the Origin Client Service works!

Message 87 of 100 (2,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@BarkTard You're a king! Never had a problem for years until the last Sims 4 update. Tried everything except safe-boot. This worked perfectly.

Message 88 of 100 (2,476 Views)

★ Novice

THANK YOU!!! This worked!! Barktard you're awesome!

Message 89 of 100 (2,455 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, disabling the Origin Client Service worked for me too.

Message 90 of 100 (2,328 Views)