origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please choose yes

by s1n9ularity

Original Post

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

★★★ Newbie
this work for me thank you
Message 61 of 100 (2,810 Views)

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

★★★ Newbie

It wasn't working cause the Origin it self need update so In my case I tried closing and opening the Origin App from Task Manager and the Origin app start updating it self and after then everything start working. So I think this error happen for different reasons, the only thing we have to do is figure it out what causing this problem. Good Luck!!!  

Message 62 of 100 (2,648 Views)

★ Novice

@SoberGamingM wrote:

If someone is still struggling I found another solution

I tried everything mentioned above and everything customer support told me but nothing worked. They got so fed up with me they even hung up the phone.

The issue is in %programdata% origin folder.

If you have a computer that actually is able to download any game just go to %programdata% where it works and copy origin folder on a memory stick and copy paste it on the computer in %programdata% where it doesn't work. Then you will be able to download the game using this useless launcher!Standard smile

SoberGamingM pls pls bro pls pls give me the correct programdata folder pls if you give me so i will pray you much and will follow your youtube will like all your videos will do everything you want bro just pls give me the right programdata folder bro pls pls.

Message 63 of 100 (2,571 Views)

★★ Novice

So I was experiencing this issue for a while now. Clean boot did worked however clean boot does not solve anything, at least not for me, as it only tells you "Yeah the issue is inside your PC". And to be honest doing clean boot every time you want to use Origin is stupid. So I spent quite some time trying to figure out the cause. Unfortunately due to the mass of causes this may trigger what worked for me might only worked for some, but I hope it will help. As I did all the cache, reinstalls, admin rights you name it, but nothing worked.

After some twiddling with connected devices and software a weird error start popping "Update your Tablet driver". The source of this pop-up was to my surprise Origin. Then it hit me. It seems if you use Stylus pen (pen mouse thing) which triggers "Tablet keyboard" (small keyboard icon on your windows bar) then Origin for some reason takes your PC as tablet and Tablets don't have pop-ups for authorizations so Origin does not even try to bring-up the pop-up window that is being affected by your UAC settings. So I just unplugged the pen, uninstall its drivers, restarted and Origin started working properly once again.

Hopefully it will help at least somebody, cuz damn figuring this out cost me bit of my soul in the process.

Message 64 of 100 (2,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CombatLyn3 How to clear it
Message 65 of 100 (2,235 Views)

★★★ Novice

Install Origin onto a different computer, put the files into a hard drive then transfer those files onto your computer

Message 66 of 100 (2,210 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Raptor2213 This is the first time I've used Origin...and it will be my last time. Never again. No customer should have to go thru this dance when they want to play a game because the Devs can't force an update. I've not experienced this on Steam not once. Never again.
Message 67 of 100 (1,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCNOoE1Rpu4

NOTE: Is not safe! (Many viruses use .exe ) Recommend download and than disable back 

Message 68 of 100 (1,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So the link may not work;  ERASE EVERYTHING ABOUT ORIGIN  in ur computer (done?) then install the origin(thin)installer from their website install the launcher then Basicaly you can download again hope work !

Message 69 of 100 (1,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Using orgin beta version. It's woking with me.

Message 70 of 100 (1,513 Views)