Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

★★★★★ Newbie
@BarkTard Thank you so much! Spent the past hour trying to figure this out and nothing else worked!
Message 91 of 100 (3,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@BarkTard it worked, thanks so much!  I can't believe this is all that had to be done.... there goes 90 minutes I'll never get back!  No idea why this randomly became a problem for me after literally downloading a game fine 3 weeks ago.

Message 92 of 100 (3,720 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@BarkTard Thanks! It's working on my PC. Other attempts failed and cost me several hours in life.
Message 93 of 100 (3,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@BarkTard  you are genius

Message 94 of 100 (3,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

For everyone that still has this issue, and nothing else has worked. Try the following: 

1) uninstall Origin

2) DL this older version of the Origin Client: https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe

3) Install this version, and be sure to uncheck "Keep origin up to date" on the install

4) Configure as you want

NOTE: I was able to install Origin on a non "c" drive, set the folders to DL to that drive, and did not touch my AUC, nor did I run the app in Administrator mode.

The Old Client simply worked. 

What does this mean??

EA Knows that this is a problem with their latest client, and are either working to fix it, and stealth it out to us, or they are not paying attention. 

Enjoy!

Message 95 of 100 (3,500 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you.

Message 96 of 100 (3,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU! This worked. Hooray

Message 97 of 100 (3,432 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't know why, but this worked. Thank you so much!

Message 98 of 100 (3,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@fert488 This one works for me.. Thanks.
Message 99 of 100 (3,273 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 100 of 100 (3,233 Views)