Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

by AlphaPug86

Original Post

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and none of the other fixes that I saw helped. I figured that it was because I was on windows 10 instead of 7 (I noticed this after I have reinstalled Microsoft). So I redownloaded Origin and followed these steps I found online. 

The following steps came from xemmaboo 

1. first, uninstall origin and any games you have on your computer 
  2. reinstall origin
  3. then go on to this website https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us and download community 2015
  4. then reinstall your games that are in my games in origin and they should work fine
Message 71 of 100 (2,115 Views)

★★★ Novice

I posted this on another thread and it’s not getting much attention over there. This is honestly the only thing that’s worked for me. 

You need to uninstall Origin, and then go to this site

https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/ea3xux/help_cant_install_any_games_origin_needs_to/

there’s a link posted in the first comment on the thread (user blackmagisterd) that will download an older version of origin to your computer.

Make sure you uncheck the “update origin and games automatically” box on origins setup screen and then login normally. I was finally able to update and play sims after 4 days of hopelessly searching for a fix

Message 72 of 100 (2,050 Views)

★ Novice

That worked. Perfect. All other tips on here have failed, I wasted an hour trying everything and all I needed was an older version of origin. No thanks to EA

Message 73 of 100 (2,043 Views)

★ Novice

I had this same problem in December 2019....tried this fix and it worked!!! Many thanks!!!!!

Message 74 of 100 (1,892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found solution! Problem is in new version of Origin. Stop updating and download older version of Origin and it will work. Keep doing like this till they will make another update which will fix it. Details are here, also here is the people send the link to download older version: https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/ea3xux/help_cant_install_any_games_origin_needs_to/

Message 75 of 100 (1,867 Views)

★ Novice

I have recently also had this issue, And solved it,

i was frustrated beyond words,

Tried everything i found online but still nothing,

i did however do a few things that Solved this problem, im not sure what it was;

-Downloaded and installed Malwarebyts(like i said im just listing everything i did from when it wouldn’t work till it did)

-Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin( I ran this as Administrator, also i Installed an older version of the origin app, not the originthinsetup)

-Downloaded and installed My mobo’s app centre (Gigabyte X99 ultra gaming)

This is just to help those who may have overseen these or have not tried it yet.

hope this helps👍🏻

Message 76 of 100 (1,817 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you a lot!, That post works for me, BTW don't update Origin if you're on Windows 10, it has some * bug, that's why I couldn't intall my games.

Visit the reddit post.

Message 77 of 100 (1,748 Views)

★★ Guide

@Allycat377 wrote:

I posted this on another thread and it’s not getting much attention over there. This is honestly the only thing that’s worked for me. 

You need to uninstall Origin, and then go to this site

https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/ea3xux/help_cant_install_any_games_origin_needs_to/

there’s a link posted in the first comment on the thread (user blackmagisterd) that will download an older version of origin to your computer.

Make sure you uncheck the “update origin and games automatically” box on origins setup screen and then login normally. I was finally able to update and play sims after 4 days of hopelessly searching for a fix

THANKS! ONLY THING THAT ACTUALLY WORKED!!!! YOU'RE GREAT MAN! ;')

Message 78 of 100 (1,640 Views)

★★ Guide
@AlphaPug86 Now I guess I won't be updating Origin client for a looong time until it does work as intended! LOL!
Message 79 of 100 (1,639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try Uninstalling Origin and Reinstalling it. It helped me

Message 80 of 100 (1,626 Views)