origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please choose yes

by s1n9ularity

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please choose yes

★★★ Newbie

I try to download and install the game but i keep getting this message: 

"origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please choose yes when Windows prompts you"

I have all my UAC settings to low and I started Origin with Admin privledges, so I can understand whats happening. Because well I dont see any prompts from Windows and/or Origin

Message 1 of 100 (138,397 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please choose yes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Solution that worked for me. Changing all kind of settings doesn't help if you don't re-install Origin. The problem is that you only receive prompts when installing Origin, after that nothing will solve the problem. So you'll first have to change the UAC-settings:

1. Set your notification slider al the way up in user account settings (you shouldn't have to when you're an administrator but well)

2. Uninstall en re-install Origin

3. When installing Origin you will get prompted with various UAC notifications.

4. Open origin and then you can hopefully download the game.

View in thread

Message 5 of 100 (145,279 Views)

All Replies

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please choose yes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem but with SimCity. I bought the **bleep** DISC. It doesn't even try to use it to install it... it just goes to the crappiest software ever written, Origin.

EA sucks so bad.

Message 2 of 100 (138,048 Views)

Message 3 of 100 (138,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem when im attenmpting to download my kingdoms of amalur.  HOW DO I FIX?!?!?! sob*sob*

@s1n9ularity wrote:

I try to download and install the game but i keep getting this message: 

"origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please choose yes when Windows prompts you"

I have all my UAC settings to low and I started Origin with Admin privledges, so I can understand whats happening. Because well I dont see any prompts from Windows and/or Origin

Message 4 of 100 (137,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Solution that worked for me. Changing all kind of settings doesn't help if you don't re-install Origin. The problem is that you only receive prompts when installing Origin, after that nothing will solve the problem. So you'll first have to change the UAC-settings:

1. Set your notification slider al the way up in user account settings (you shouldn't have to when you're an administrator but well)

2. Uninstall en re-install Origin

3. When installing Origin you will get prompted with various UAC notifications.

4. Open origin and then you can hopefully download the game.

Message 5 of 100 (145,280 Views)

★★★ Newbie

cant find the notification bar xD *having a brainfart* yeah i tryed to download the sims 4 create a sim demo and it kept saying origin is downloading files and blah blah blah. so idk what to do because my brainfarts wont let me figure you suggestion of help right ^^

Message 6 of 100 (137,742 Views)

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion Kashabuya. I've tried all sorts of remedies from people's posts on this and I tried yours too, but it's still not allowing me to download. I put the slider all the way up and still it just failed without anything coming up to ask me for permission. Gah - I wish there was some solution...

Message 7 of 100 (136,682 Views)

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have tried the above solutions but not a single one fixes the problem. It does not matter what game I try to install and I had the same problem a few weeks ago when tryiing to download Battlefield 3.

Edit: Replied to the wrong thread but my statement still holds true.

Message 8 of 100 (136,397 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ah - finally found a suggestion that worked for me. Ran Windows in safe mode with network and it downloaded fine. A pain to have to do that all the time just to download though, Origin! *smirks*

Message 9 of 100 (135,803 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There's an option called Safe Mode downloading. Don't know if that'll work too but am trying right now.

Message 10 of 100 (135,269 Views)