no sound at all in Battlefield 4 PC.

by Leipesteareth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

no sound at all in Battlefield 4 PC.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Lately i have the issue that i have no sound at all in BF 4 on the PC.

not on the loading screen or in game. (no gun sounds, vehicles or running or talking.)

i reinstalled the game, repaired the game, checked the sound options (they're all correct) en even switched them around.

Some people say that you have to keep playing a round and after the next round you get sound again, well i dont.

any solutions for this?

*edit*

some really stupid spelling mistakes taken out.

Message 1 of 30 (126,092 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: no sound at all in Battlefield 4 PC.

★ Apprentice

I found what whas causing it.

As i use W8, windows defender is installed as an app, not as a program, i didnt notice the program being installed.

Windows defender whas messing up my game.

turned it off as i use malwarebytes anyway and the problem dissapeared.

View in thread

Message 23 of 30 (111,228 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

ok check all connections on PC headphones speakers what ever you use. Also check in game and PC sound settings. Do driver updates :} But it sounds like you did most if not all of this already so something could be mucked up in game cfg so do this group of settings and then do last part reg cfg 

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

Message 2 of 30 (125,931 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks Zorlacc for your reply but what you told me didn't help, and the second part about the cfg file, i tried that numerous times.

I even went to chat with tech support and they told me to use REvo uninstaller to remove BF4, which i did and then reinstall it, boot the game without DLC and see if it worked, it didn't.

This pesky problem sounds like a keeper.

Confusedmileysad:

Message 3 of 30 (125,921 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem.  None of thouse suggestions worked.  I have sound when not running BF4, but ingame only VOIP is audible (its rare that I have a squad that talks).  

I use a Logitech G35 headset (USB).    No sound for all game effects & music.

Message 4 of 30 (125,936 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

No dont give up its not a keeper issue Confusedmileywink:

Try this go into my documents folder, BF4 settings, Open PROFSAVE_profile with word pad 

Change GSTAudioQuality to 1 and save if its already 1 then change it to 4 and save then test BF4 

Did a edit so CheshireMoe can try this as well.Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 5 of 30 (125,913 Views)

★ Apprentice

tried that to Zorlacc Standard smile

didn't work Frown

Message 6 of 30 (125,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Try this... 

1. open control panel 
2.go to sound 
3. click at the speaker, open properties 
4.go to advanced tab
5.try changing the default format of the audio quality, e.g. to 24 bit, 44100hz (studio quality) 

Edit... if this fails try this...Worked for another with same issue 

1. Switch default playback device from speakers Realtek digital out put and back to speakers. 

2. Turn off Asus sonic master and close the application . I think most probably this was the issue. If you dont have this software , try turning off any audio enhancement software that you might have.

Message 7 of 30 (125,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

here is what i tried on sound settings in windows.

switched between my 2 sound devices. (razer kraken headset and a Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound set.)

both give no audio in BF4.

i uninstalled the crappy (razer) driver and tried again, no effect.

i disconnected my speaker set which is connected by a optical cable, still no sound through the headset, tried other way around, no effect.

reinstalled the driver from razer, no effect.

Every piece of sound my pc can possibly make plays.. on any program or any website possible.. it works.

just not in BF4.

Btw, my headset doesnt have the studio quality option, dvd quality is max.

i dont have the asus sonic master either.

Message 8 of 30 (125,900 Views)

Hero (Retired)

And I take it you checked for a driver update for the  Logitech Z-5500 5.1 as well. 

We just need to find the correct fix for your pc :/

ok found this also semi same thing you tried but do this it worked for someone else.

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings 
Open "PROFSAVE_profile" with Notepad or Wordpad 
Replace: 
GstAudio.AudioQuality 1 
With: 
GstAudio.AudioQuality 0 

And Im adding save this reboot pc test bf4

Message 9 of 30 (125,894 Views)

★ Apprentice

thing is,

I dont use my logitech speakers to game with, i only use it for the music and they dont have a seperate driver from logitech, so there's not much to update for them i'm affraid.

I'm gunna try that same change in the config file again and reboot, ill let you know more when i'm back.

Message 10 of 30 (125,893 Views)