Re: missing msvcp110.dll in battlefield 4 pc

★★★ Newbie

where do i find vc folder??

Message 11 of 50 (11,596 Views)

Anonymous

Hi,

The folder should standard be here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\ _Installer\VC\vc2012Update3\redist

Message 12 of 50 (11,592 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you sooooooooooo much...may santa give u many presents this christmasConfusedmileyvery-happy:

Works like a charm thanks again

Message 13 of 50 (11,010 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for this! It helped me i have really wanted to play this after having troubles with my client first and then this error! Thank you you godly person! :D

Message 14 of 50 (10,951 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same issue, and the fix did NOT work. I tried running both the 86 and 64 files in admin mode, and I am still getting the invalid license/missing dll error message. I have tried both 32-bit and 64-bit BF4 desktop shortcuts.

I also tried uninstalling (in control panel) all C++ programs/versions and downloading the latest from Microsoft. Also did not work.

Somone please help as this fix is not applicable.

Message 15 of 50 (10,943 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 16 of 50 (10,875 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have also tried first deleting msvcp110.dll and then running the two files recommended earlier in this post.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling origin.

I have right-clicked on BF4 and ran the repair function.

I have already freshly installed BF4 several times now.

I have the latest version of direct x and the latest graphic drivers from Nvidia.

My computer is stable and I am not experiencing any erratic behavior.

NOTHING WORKS! I am still getting the "invalid license, missing msvcp110.dll error 0x7E" message.

Is someone at EA aware of this? I cannot be the only person with this problem.

Message 17 of 50 (10,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks guys for all your help, but I finally got it to work myself.

I simply reinstalled windows and then only installed BF4 and my device drivers. I suspect there was some conflict with some other software, but it sure would be nice to know what it was.

My advice to people who continue to experience problems with the "missing msvcp110.dll" error message after running the "fix" is to just reinstall windows. I hope this saves someone lots of trouble.

Message 18 of 50 (10,738 Views)

★★★ Novice

You are not the only one having this problem. I am having the same problem, and did all the same steps you did.  I just spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with ea escalation support who was not able to get me anywhere.  He said I need to call microsoft...  It sounds like the only way to get the stupid thing to work is to reinstall windows, which sounds like a week of headache before I am back to up to date with everything. ugh...

Message 19 of 50 (10,621 Views)

★★★ Novice

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Ok just a moment.  I just got it to work.  allow me to enumerate the steps I took.

Go to the above link.  Download both the x64 and the x86 versions of the redistributable.

install both.  Pick repair if given the option.

The MSVCP110.dll should appear and the game should work.

I am not sure if the thing just doesn't exist in the ones sent by EA (Which would be hurarious) or what.

Other things I have done that might have helped:

Installed all updates to windows, including .net framework 4.5.1

created a new, separate account on windows with full administrator privileges and used that account.  (Important! should be separate, even if your regular account is an admin)

Ran the file located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe.

Updated my graphics driver.

I think it was the new redistributables that did the trick though.  Install both of them.

Message 20 of 50 (10,620 Views)