Re: i7 3770k FPS drops BF4 but BFHardline plays fine.

by W4rH0rse

Original Post

i7 3770k FPS drops BF4 but BFHardline plays fine.

★★★★ Apprentice

just installed both hardline and bf4 now that i got a new processor but bf4 doesn't run well at all! fps drops all over the place. meanwhile hardline doesn''t fps drop at ALL after i disabled hyperthreading. please help me out fellas, something is up with bf4.

Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@invikari-H7 Are you running the latest drivers for your video card and motherboard chipset?

You can try deleting the settings folder in Documents>Battlefield 4. If you have custom settings you may want to back it up so you can copy the settings from it. To back it up just copy it to another location on your computer and then delete the original.

Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes sir, I did that earlier and still nothing, same with vsync didn't help at all.

Message 3 of 4 (340 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@invikari-H7 What graphics card do you have?

You can try opening task manager and leaving it open, then starting the game. Play around a little then alt+tab out of game and look at task manager and see if your CPU is maxing out.

Also if you use Chrome browser to open Battlelog, check if one of your Chrome tabs is using alot (like 20+ percent) CPU when your getting the frame drops.

Message 4 of 4 (332 Views)