how can i setup a Battlefield 4 dedicated server

by GH_abies172

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how can i setup a Battlefield 4 dedicated server

★★★ Novice

Hi! i would like to know if i can host a local dedicated server for battlefield 4 in my country Ghana. Its in the western part of Africa. there are currently no local servers for bf4 or bf3 or for any origin games for that matter. the closest serves are located in UK. this usually results in laggy gameplay due to the 140ms pings. most servers in UK have a cut of limit of 150ms ping. so its quite annoying and frustrating playin against low pingers of 15-35ms pings. i hav a good internet connection. i would like to know wat necessary steps i need to take n order to provide this much needed server for the emerging local gaming community.

Message 1 of 6 (17,587 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how can i setup a Battlefield 4 dedicated server

★★★★★ Expert

You can rent your own servers, please see future details here, for more information and so on: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/rent-a-server .

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (19,473 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

You can rent your own servers, please see future details here, for more information and so on: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/rent-a-server .

Message 2 of 6 (19,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

i already looked into this and that doesnt solve the problem of high lantency because the rent servers  actual physical server is still on another continent. i want to host a physical dedicate setup for the country. so this will ensure much much lower pings than connecting from africa to europe. BF4 is a fantastic game but the community here are detered by the high latencys we experience

Message 3 of 6 (17,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

"You can rent your own servers, please see future details here, for more information and so on: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/rent-a-server .

If someone's post has helped, please click the white XP button and award the user with XP.

If someone's post has solved your question, click the white "Accept as Solution" button and mark it as solution so it can help others with the same problem.

Thanks for being part of EA's Answer HQ community, we all hope you have a great time here!

If you need future assistance, you can PM me here.

Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero. I dont work for EA."

This is not a solution!!!

Message 4 of 6 (15,872 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dude . did you even read what he said?

Message 5 of 6 (2,757 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (2,651 Views)