>> [PS3] TRY THIS! (BF4 freezing/crashing workaround) <<

by ERREIK

Original Post

>> [PS3] TRY THIS! (BF4 freezing/crashing workaround) <<

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Players,

After a deep search on the net about  the freezing/crashing issues on BF4, i found a solution that stopped my game to crash. After i did the following workaround, i still didn't had to restore the file system on my console.  TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, but it worked for me.

1- Delete all the profile/game save, the game data and the 1.05 patch (The patch is inside the BF4 game data, so deleting the game data may delete the patch)

2- Verifiy if your firmware is actualized (Today, its in the version 4.53)

3- Install BF4 game with the console disconnected from the internet

When the game begins after the install quit before the "press start screen". (So the game don't crate a profile save yet)

4- Connect the console on the net and enter in the game. (this should make the patch 1.05 install)

When the game begins quit again before the "press start screen".

5- Start BF4 and play

After i did these steps, my game don't froze yet and i didn't restored my file system since then. The online problems (invisibility bug, black screen after the mach, reset weapons, etc.) persists, but you don't have anymore to listen the 3 beeps and waint 5~10 min to restore your system. Just quit the game and enter again.

Hope this solution helps someone, i'ts worth a try!

Regards,

erreik

Message 1 of 11 (29,070 Views)

Re: >> [PS3] TRY THIS! (BF4 freezing/crashing workaround) <<

★ Novice

Seems to work for me! Wink

Thanks a lot! :D

Message 2 of 11 (28,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Does this delete of all the stuff you have unlocked in multiplayer?
Message 3 of 11 (25,811 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This is an outdated method, please try the following workaround from the community member MorningTimeCloud:

1. Turn off Playstation 3.

2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.

5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button

6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

7. Select Restore File System.

Message 4 of 11 (25,801 Views)

★★ Novice

No it does not. I deleted all my game data and it didn't delete any of my multiplayer unlocks.

Message 5 of 11 (25,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I already tried the recovery file system on PS3 safe mode  Apollo_v7... Didn't work

As said it's only a workaround for the avids fans. After some time (Hours, days, i dont know) playing the same problems returns. For me, after 3 days playing a lot, the crashes returns.

I'm not playing BF4 anymore since the time of the post.

Message 6 of 11 (25,742 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Some players may have their issues fixed by using ERREIK's post. Some / Most may not since this is an older method for a older patch. If this method does not work, Please create your own thread and explain it very thorough of what your issue is and what you have already tried and we will try our best to solve it. 

Thanks.

Message 7 of 11 (25,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I forget to mention that this is the only fix that I had found after like 3 months of serching on the net. So I created a Youtube video of it for my friends. And I of course have mentioned that I found it here and place the link on it. I just forgot to post up here that I did so. Great fix and thanks for sharing. My vid is here at http://youtu.be/e5UxJJO4SbI

Message 8 of 11 (22,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank You sooo much i recently bought this game and i thought i would never play it again!

Message 9 of 11 (22,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No
Message 10 of 11 (8,401 Views)