dusk unreadable/uninstallable

by d3sertwolf

Original Post

dusk unreadable/uninstallable

★★★ Newbie
I have now owned two copies of BF4, and both copies have been unreadable. I have attempted to install them, but cannot make it past 40% without getting the error. This is also the ONLY game that this happens on, to include newer games such as CoD and Skyrim, and has happened on not just my old gen 360, my my slim 360 as well. From this I can gather that the problem does not lie in my Xboxes. So I would like a fix that does not involve my cleaning/replacing a lense or having Xbox looked at, and one that would allow me to enjoy your product.
Message 1 of 2 (121 Views)

Re: dusk unreadable/uninstallable

Community Manager (retired)

If you tried to install the game from two different disk's and getting the same error message, it is most likely that it is not related to the game as more with your laser. Especially high compressed disk's can cause trouble if your lens got misaligned. I had this issue once with an older Xbox 360 by my own and it got fixed by a store pretty easily (the just aligned the lens). 

Anyway, I can understand that you don't want to go this way and we can check if there is any other workaround which might help you. 

Let's start with some basic stuff first:

To make sure that no corrupt data causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

Redownload the updates for the game. NOTE: Not all games have a Title Update File.

1. From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select Hard Drive Device by pressing A.
  5. Select Games and Apps.
  6. Select Game Title.
  7. Delete Title Update File.
  8. Restart Game.
  9. Download the update when prompted.

If it is still not working, you might want to try to restore your console to factory default and/or clean your whole Xbox hard drive. You can safe all your game data and save-files on an external drive or the Xbox cloud for a backup. This could help if your Xbox got some files corrupted in the general operation system after an update process.

Cheers                                                                                                                                                                       
Basti

Message 2 of 2 (108 Views)