constantly kicked from every server by punk buster

by dispatchh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

constantly kicked from every server by punk buster

★★★ Newbie

So I was playing bf4 and everything worked properly, then i went off for like 5 hours and since then PunkBuster keeps kicking me from servers and gives me this message:

error
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player '(my name)' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe...I've tried to re-install PB, restart computer but it didn't change a thing, can u give me an advice what to do?
Message 26 of 199 (59,815 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: constantly kicked from every server by punk buster

★★★★★ Novice

I hade problem with this, and it is a 2 part fix for the problem:

1. Run "pbsvc.exe" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4"

2. Click "TestServices" andpunkbusterwilltrytheservice.

The text in the "Punkbuster Services Test" probably say something like this:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe NO" 

This solution can help you if the logs say NO on "PnkBstrA" and PnkBstrB !!!

If your log say NO, "PnkBstrA" and "PnkBstrB" is located in wrong folder on your computer.

1. Open up "C:\Windows\SysWOW64"

2. Find "PnkBstrA" and "PnkBstrB"

3. Copy or Cut both files from the folder

4. Paste "PnkBstrA" and "PnkBstrB" in to the folder "C:\Windows\System32"

5. If there is questions about permissions, click Ok/Yes

Now the files are restored to the right folder and all we need to do is to tell windows firewall to accept this apps to communicate:

1. Open the control panel and go to: "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"

2. Click the "Change Settings" button

3. Press Ok/Yes if there is a question about permissions

4. Click the "Allow another app..." button

5. Press "browse..." and chose the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe"

6. Press "OK"

7. Press "Add"

8. Repeat step 4-7 but with the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe" Instead

Your problem should now be fixed and you are free to enjoy.

//Schougen

View in thread

Message 113 of 199 (96,225 Views)

All Replies

BF4 PC Beta keeps crashing and I see a disconnected message like 'You were kicked out by PunkBuster'

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Here is an error message I get when BF4 beta closes up on me.

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'XXXXXX' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

What is this supposed to be ?

Message 1 of 199 (59,351 Views)

Re: BF4 PC Beta keeps crashing and I see a disconnected message like 'You were kicked out by PunkBuster'

★★ Novice

i have the same problem and i cant play now

Message 2 of 199 (59,328 Views)

Re: BF4 PC Beta keeps crashing and I see a disconnected message like 'You were kicked out by PunkBuster'

★★★ Novice

I initally thought, some game server admin was kicking me out for some reason !

But then when i saw the lines "Punkbuster.exe" i ruled out that possibility. Guess it's a game issue.

Message 3 of 199 (59,325 Views)

Kicked by PunkBuster

★★★ Newbie

When I keep on trying to join a Battlefield 4 beta server I am kicked by PunkBuster- PunkBuster kicked player 'lambiam2011' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory [81495]. I don't understand why. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 4 of 199 (60,679 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this too, but its only been since i installed M$ driver to use my xbox 360 controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Standard smile

Message 5 of 199 (59,274 Views)

★ Novice

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player '' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory [81495]

Message 6 of 199 (59,241 Views)

Re: Kicked by PunkBuster

★★★ Newbie

I tried to repair installation but it doesn´t work...repair says that all is correct

Message 7 of 199 (59,756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same error, but its not windows related. because i just saw origin installing an update for bf4 beta. so as of the update you get kicked out for cheating no matter if you do or not... nice work EA/DICE and yet another game that doesnt work.

Message 8 of 199 (59,185 Views)

Re: Kicked by PunkBuster

Hero (Retired)

Hi everyone,

We received reports from players experiencing disconnections from the Battlefield 4 beta servers, possibly with a PunkBuster error message (stating “you were kicked by PunkBuster”).

We are currently investigating this issue internally and will update you here as soon as we have more info.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
Do you want to answer somebody's question? click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 9 of 199 (59,658 Views)