Re: cant join bf4 beta server only thing that pops up is the blue bar

by HeadOwner7

Original Post

Re: can't join bf4 beta server only thing that pops up is the blue bar

★★★★★ Novice

they gave us a new update and it didnt even work they only care for the people who can actually join the game and only have graphic problems and us we cant even join and they dont care at all

Message 61 of 200 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA, this issue is not any freezing. It's the blue bar saying "Joining server" showing up for a few seconds and then closing automatically WITHOUT any game launch at all. 

Looking at the task manager, I can see bf4.exe starting for a few seconds and then automatically closing without any windows popping up.

This happened to me before and after the update.

Message 62 of 200 (1,452 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EA plz listen to this guy he knows what he's talkin about hope ea gets this straight

Message 63 of 200 (1,445 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, GG EA. So we are spamming this topic with EVERYONE with the same problem, and yet EA decides to send us to a topic with players with a whole different problem.

Message 64 of 200 (1,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok I had that too. But I managed to fix it. Here's how I done that: ( This fix is for Joining Server bug where the blue bar disappears and nothing happens, and the bf4 process just closes when the blue bar disappears) 

1)Uninstall everything about Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and 2012 ( go to Programs and Features and uninstall them )
2)Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 by using the file in Origin Games/Battlefield 4 Beta/__Installer/vc/vc2012Update3/redist (you should see vcredist_x64.exe)
3)After you are done with step 3, install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632
4)After successfully installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and 2012, try launching the game.

If this doesn't work, check if you have Service Pack 1 installed for Windows 7. Hope I helped! Share and XP this if it worked

Message 65 of 200 (1,399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same with me, only the blue bar doesn't go away, and it keeps hanging on "joining server". I've tried so many things, that people have been suggesting:

-Windows 7 updated

-Driver 13.10 for AMD Radeon 6700 HD series

-Punkbuster fully updated with bf4

-Repaired bf4 installation

-restarted computer

getting kinda desperate here =/

Message 66 of 200 (1,393 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

so u unistall all the microsft visuals except for those ones?

Message 67 of 200 (1,377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

and i have two miscrosft visuals microsft visual c++ x64 and microsft visual c++ x86 thats for 2010 and for 2012 its the same x86 and x64 which one do i uninstall or do i keep both?

Message 68 of 200 (1,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if you have a shortcut on your desktop, right click and execute as administrator.

if you haven't, create one that points to your bf4.exe

somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 4 Beta\bf4.exe

origin should launch, maybe trying to repair the game, then your browser should launch.

worked for me. and I had my firewall off trying this.

Message 69 of 200 (1,360 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

didnt work never worked 

Message 70 of 200 (1,352 Views)