Re: bf4 graphic problem

by SpidiusPolska18

Original Post

bf4 graphic problem

★★ Novice

On my ps4 pro battlefield 1 looks great, nice. But battlefield 4 looks terrible. Anyone know why? Lower the resolution from 1080 to 720? I am asking for help and best regards.

Message 1 of 3 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @SpidiusPolska18 ,

Please note that BF4 was a game that launched back in October 2013.  So that is 9 years ago.  So also 3 years before PS4 Pro came to be.  Some older games got a special PS4 Pro patch released for them to enable higher resolution graphics, but not so for BF4 unfortunately.  EA DICE Dev team had long gone on and closed down any further updates to the BF4 game by then, as they were launching BF1 for the PS4 Pro and were already deep into development for BFV by then.

So what you will notice of big difference is due to no proper anti-aliasing back then in the BF4 code in the graphics optimization for the screen.  By now I cannot recall if the BF4 natively was 720p or 900p for the Playstation 4, but it was then upscaled to 1080p if your monitor could support that.  But that is of course still a much lower resolution vs what you find in other more recent games made today, with like 4k.  So no easy fix to avoid those more zaggy graphics you notice now on your high-res monitor when you play that 9 years old game on your game rig today.

So it's a bit like running Doom II on a modern PC these days with a 4k monitor.

The game is still a lot of fun, but the graphics are of course not op to modern standards anymore...

DoomII.jpg      

Message 2 of 3 (567 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I know it's a game from 2013. My TV, by the way, is not super cool, it's average. Thanks for the answer Standard smile 

Message 3 of 3 (555 Views)