bf4 freezing during multiplayer ps3

by skipperthegecko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

bf4 freezing during multiplayer ps3

★ Novice

case#15767077   Still experiecing freezing during loading of multiplayer and while playing online. I've deleted the game twice from sys and that seems to help for awhile. Will play about 10 online games then freeze. If I have to keep turning off the sys using the manuel power instead of the controller I will eventually corrupt the ps3. Maybe the disk is the problem and by buying another a new one the problem will stop. This is frustrating because it's the ONLY online game I enjoy. BF4 online name is reloader223

Message 1 of 4 (310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: bf4 freezing during multiplayer ps3

Champion (Retired)

try this

1. Turn off Playstation 3.

2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.

5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button

6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

7. Select Restore File System.

This will delete any corrupt files off of your system. It won't delete any game data.

that info was copied from this sticky.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/READ-FIRST-Guides-fixes-how-to-s-and-FAQs-for-all-platforms/m...

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (318 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

try this

1. Turn off Playstation 3.

2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.

5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button

6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

7. Select Restore File System.

This will delete any corrupt files off of your system. It won't delete any game data.

that info was copied from this sticky.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/READ-FIRST-Guides-fixes-how-to-s-and-FAQs-for-all-platforms/m...
Message 2 of 4 (319 Views)

Also be sure to turn off the media server functionality as it is a resource hog taking resources that BF4 desperately needs to run. If possible also connect to the router via a CAT5 cable instead of using wireless as it is much faster.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 4 (302 Views)

★ Novice

To Deathspnkd, thanx for the fix. My ps3 was corrupted but not anymore. Will try bf4 online 2nite once kids r in bed. Thanx again. Will post if I have anymore issues.

Message 4 of 4 (293 Views)