Re: battlefiled 4 change server owner

by SpliftHills

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefiled 4 change server owner

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi.

I would like to know how to change the owner of a rented server, on Battlefield 4 for xbox one a friend of mine who has rented the server wants to pass it to me.
how can we do?

Message 1 of 6 (479 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Yes is what emerged after all attempts to contact EA, they have no management of the rented servers.

And those who rent are isolated and unsupported.

Thanks for the replies.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (396 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@SpliftHills Best of my knowledge you'll need to contact the server rental people.
Message 2 of 6 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hi,

sadly,I have already tried to contact EA support by chat for this and other reasons, but EA doesn't manage Battlefield 4 servers, and they can't help me, 

Message 3 of 6 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SpliftHills EA doesn't rent servers, Maybe contact Microsoft? They may be the server rental service.
Message 4 of 6 (436 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@SpliftHills wrote:

hi,

sadly,I have already tried to contact EA support by chat for this and other reasons, but EA doesn't manage Battlefield 4 servers, and they can't help me, 

Hi @SpliftHills ,

I am on the Playstation world, but think we are under the same legal and commercial conditions as Xbox.  And unfortunately then the rental agreement stipulates that the server rental is personal and cannot be transferred.  The only way it could be transferred is therefore if you transferred your entire primary console account away.  And even that is forbidden according to the legal account rules that we have with MSFT/Sony.  So all in all, it does unfortunately leave us in the situation that we are not able to transfer the ownership of a server to anybody else.  

EA Support were helpful in special cases on this like 5-7 years ago.  But the EA Support team do no longer have the full server support kit available to them, so this is no longer something that can be done unfortunately.  We rent them 'as is'...

Just to highlight again, certainly for Playstation.  EA uses the Sony PSN portal for the commercial transaction to rent a BF4 server.  But Sony has nothing to do with running/supporting any servers for EA BF4 gameplay.  They point solid and squarely to EA for this.  And even the company hosting/running the servers for EA says they will have nothing to do with us players, as we are not their customers. EA is their customer!   ;o)

Message 5 of 6 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes is what emerged after all attempts to contact EA, they have no management of the rented servers.

And those who rent are isolated and unsupported.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 6 of 6 (397 Views)