battlefield 4 premium xbox 360 did not transfer to XBOX ONE

by thestivla

Original Post

battlefield 4 premium xbox 360 did not transfer to XBOX ONE

★★★ Newbie

I had BF4 premium already purchased and downloaded on my xbox 360. Now I have an XBOX ONE and BF4 on it. Everything has transfered except my  premium. If i go to the store to download premium again it wants to charge me money again .

why has my premium not transfered over to BF4 XBOX ONE? 

Thanks 

Steve.

Message 1 of 30 (27,088 Views)

Re: battlefield 4 premium xbox 360 did not transfer to XBOX ONE

★★★ Newbie

I had a live chat with EA and they advised that the premium had to be purchased all over again after the date of the 31st of july. very disapointing  as i purchased an xbox one on the 7th of august!! so not only I purchased bf4 from the shops now i have to pay $69.95  for premium 7 days later!! (i had purchased both bf4 and premium on xbox 360 already not long ago)

sounds like a money making scheme to me, not fair at all.

I was offererd a 15 % discount as I am a valued customer (according to EA.)  very poor discount. 

if it was made clear that this would be the case i would of purchased the xbox one and game earlier and not waited until my birthday (8th of august).

i ive paid my fair share of monies to ea and microsoft already. 

why cant they just transfer my premium free of charge? 

not right that some customers got the free service and not others! we have all paid the same amount to play. 

now it will cost me another $69.95.

thanks EA great.

Message 2 of 30 (26,938 Views)

★★ Novice

The same thing happened to me. The customer service rep was very rude to me on the chat and gave me false information and date about the discontinued promotion to transfer over premium to xbox one. 

Tried Microsoft today and they said that EA would extend the date just waiting on a call from ea right now. 

It seams very shady that they just impose this cancellation date at the last second.

Just trying to squeeze as much money as they can.

Message 3 of 30 (26,915 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah this is ridiculous. And everybody is suddenly referring to this as a promotion, as if this was a short term offer that lasted from release until 2 weeks ago. Seriously?!? I would NEVER have purchased premium on 360 had i even the slightest clue that it wouldn't transfer to xbox one. They made every effort to tell people it would be transferring. 

Big surprise, EA wants more money. Just did the math, and I've now spent 250$ on this game over PC, 360 and ONE, and yet no... um im sorry sir, although you did purchase premium on 360 before the xbox one release and it was promised that this service would carry over to next-gen, as of 2 weeks ago, if you want to use premium on Xbox One it costs an additional 50$      F THAT.

Pathetic.

Message 4 of 30 (26,871 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just spoke with EA support yesterday and they advise me that they were working on a fix for this. That a code would be sent out or they would do it over an update. I wasn't given a time frame though.

Message 5 of 30 (26,836 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happend with me. Still waiting on an answer from EA. 

Message 6 of 30 (26,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just did a live chat w/ a EA rep, took about 10 mins and they gave me a redemption code... Downloading everything to Xbox One right now free. You should try again & my rep wasn't the least bit rude.
Message 7 of 30 (26,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What's the number of the ea support guy
Message 8 of 30 (26,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem here, I've had the game since release. Finally switched to xbox one and you must pay again bs.
Message 9 of 30 (26,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok listen up guys,

If you purchased Premium membership before the 31st July 2014 for Xbox 360 you should be able to transfer your Premium to Xbox One.

Here's what you need to do.

After logging in to your Origin account here.

1.Click on "Help Center" next to your login.

2. Select the correct country from top left hand corner.

3. Select "Games" tag top left.

4. Select "Battlefield 4".

5. Scroll to bottom of the page and click on "Contact Us" tab.

6. Chose contact option you wish to use.

7. Follow given instructions.

8. Once in chat explain your problem. You may be asked to verify your Origin account and the support operative has been authorized to give you a Premium code. This should sort you out. After applying your code to the XB1 you will need to re-download the DLC from the Xboxlive marketplace.

9. Don't take "NO we can't help any further is there any thing else sir" as final.

10. If at first you don't get the answer you want, return again until you do. Thats what I did.

11. Also give Xbox support a go.

I know this as an senior EA customer support delt with Microsoft on my behalf. But I had to re-purchace Premium before Xbox would refund me to my live account.

Please spread the word as it is only when asked does support seem to be giving this information up.

Message 10 of 30 (26,593 Views)