Your Profile does not have the correct permissions to access Xbox Live function

by rockcupid553978

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Your Profile does not have the correct permissions to access Xbox Live function

★★★ Newbie

I am not able to play online on battlefield 4 because i have this error:

"Your profile does not have the correct permissions to access Xbox Live functionality"

I do not know how to fix it please help me

Message 1 of 8 (6,687 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Your Profile does not have the correct permissions to access Xbox Live funct

@dinoplayzgames wrote:
Why do i need the xbox live gold nooooooooooo i dont wanna pay 60$

This is not a new requirement, Xbox Live has required accounts to be Gold in order to play online since the Xbox 360 debuted.  Sony has decided to do this as well with the PS4 where you can only play online if you have PS+.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (6,052 Views)

All Replies

Re: Your Profile does not have the correct permissions to access Xbox Live funct

★★ Novice

My dude you just don't have Xbox live gold

Message 2 of 8 (6,593 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@rockcupid553978

Sounds to me like you are either:

1.  On a Child Account...or

2.  Dont have an active Gold subscription

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 3 of 8 (6,589 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 4 of 8 (6,163 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @dinoplayzgames,

you do need an active xbox live gold subscription to play the multiplayer portion of most games on Xbox - regardless of game and publisher. You do get some benefits like discounts and free games in return though, those change frequently. Here's a link with more info.

Message 5 of 8 (6,155 Views)

@dinoplayzgames wrote:

This is not a new requirement, Xbox Live has required accounts to be Gold in order to play online since the Xbox 360 debuted.  Sony has decided to do this as well with the PS4 where you can only play online if you have PS+.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 8 (6,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My child is on my family account.  He has his own email and no restrictions.  I use it so that I can add money to his account to utilize.  Does that affect the ability to link ea and live gold?  If yes, wtf?!

Message 7 of 8 (3,286 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

Make sure that you EA and Xbox/PSN account is not underage when trying to play Battlefield 4 on console.  

Account issues it's not something we can help with on AHQ and something you need to reach out to our game advisors on EA support.

How to get in contact with EA support:
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
https://twitter.com/EAHelp

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (3,245 Views)