Re: You were disconnected from EA Online.

by Malphai

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Fix this **bleep** now?

Ever since the new update, this has been an issue for many. And still after almost 5 days now, nothing has been fixed.

Either reverse the thing you changed in the update or fix this damn thing now.  It's ridiculous to expect people to just "deal with it" kind of attitude as a company.

Message 21 of 35 (4,263 Views)

★★★ Novice
+1
Message 22 of 35 (4,256 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Finally found some information on http://help.ea.com/

---

Wed, 04 February 2015 - 4:33pm CET by Lauren M

Some players are having trouble connecting to EA games. Our teams are investigating the issue and will provide an update as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience.
---
Message 23 of 35 (4,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just bought the game yesterday and I can't even get on the campaign,test range, and any multiplayer match and everytime it stops on logging in then says: "You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. Soccer ball"    BF3 works fine   Dice/EA PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!!!

Message 24 of 35 (4,154 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is what is happening to me as well. I can play BF3 just fine but keep getting  "You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. Soccer ball" error. Funny thing is when I use my iPhone 6+ as a hotspot I don't get the error and can play BF4 without getting the disconnection error.

Message 25 of 35 (3,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I found this thread as I started having this exact same issue tonight.  I've been playing BF4 since release day, and have never had problems.  Tonight I tried to log into my favorite server and got this error message "You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. Soccer ball".  I have tried everything listed on this subject, port forwarding, game repairing, I've reinstalled the game twice, deleted the cfg, did a totally clean reinstall, etc.  I've spent about 3 hours working on this and I'm not better off than when I started.  I can't even get into the test range, it always hangs at the "logging in" screen, and I get "You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. Soccer ball".

Quite interesting as I don't believe anything was changed today?  For those of you with this issue, have you been able to fix it?  I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter, thanks in advance.

*EDIT*

Interesting, I messed around with the security settings a bit in my browser (IE), and now the game works just fine.  This makes no sense to me as I tried to launch the game earlier in not only IE, but Fire Fox and Chrome, with the same nonproductive results.  I had my settings set to low in IE, changed them all to medium, and now the game runs like nothing ever happened.  Quite odd indeed.

Message 26 of 35 (3,946 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem...

I tried ping and there are no issues there

Pinging easo.ea.com [159.153.234.54] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 159.153.234.54: bytes=32 time=266ms TTL=110
Reply from 159.153.234.54: bytes=32 time=266ms TTL=110
Reply from 159.153.234.54: bytes=32 time=265ms TTL=110
Reply from 159.153.234.54: bytes=32 time=267ms TTL=110

Ping statistics for 159.153.234.54:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 265ms, Maximum = 267ms, Average = 266ms

Message 27 of 35 (3,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I Fixed it!!!

What I did:

1) open a text editor of your choice as administrator

2) click File -> Open

3) go to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"

4)Open the file called "hosts"

5) find this line: "192.168.7.35 gosredirector.ea.com"

6) delete it (or comment it out by putting a # in front of it)

7) save

8) evjoy playing BF3/4 again Standard smile

thanks to DaAssassin for showing this: https://youtu.be/Rf3FQJo0ugQ

Message 28 of 35 (3,335 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here's a solution, in portuguese...but i think you can understand the idea... ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCcfVbmoCR4 )

Aqui tem um vídeo com uma solução em português ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCcfVbmoCR4 )

Message 29 of 35 (3,265 Views)

★ Novice

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, I * LOVE YOU. I've been trying to get this to work for so long and what you suggested worked!!! 

Message 30 of 35 (1,436 Views)