You have lost the connection to the EA server. PS3 BF4

by jindalian

Original Post

You have lost the connection to the EA server. PS3 BF4

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm not a console guy at all, but with my computer getting old, and GTA5 and BF4 coming out so close together, I went and bought a PS3 - having no idea that was going to keep me from playing full-sized maps.  I pre-ordered BF4 the day my ps3 showed up in the mail, and got premium too.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've found that I get to keep about 50% of the XP that I earn.  Usually the game makes me fight to get to the server select page, and then kicks me out after a few minutes.  I know I have a good connection here, so it's not my network, and it looks like I'm not alone in this problem.

On top of all this, the game has been failing to connect to EA servers for the past 4 hours or so.  At this point, since the time my download finished I've spent more time TRYING to play than actually playing.  The best part is, I can't even find out what the problem is.  There's no error number or anything.  All it says is: You have lost the connection to the EA servers.  Online features will be unavailable.  Strange, because I don't believe I ever had been connected.

This actually happens all the time, but usually not until I actually have connected for a while.  This is the first time I've actually not been able to connect at all, but I have a strong suspicion it won't be the last.  Next time I decide to spend 3 hours pay on an EA product, maybe I'll just buy a bag of weed instead.  I'm a lot more likely to get what I paid for from a drug dealer!

Message 1 of 5 (7,601 Views)

Re: You have lost the connection to the EA server. PS3 BF4

★★★ Newbie

This isn't just happeninig for BF4, I popped BC2 into the ps3 last night for the first time in months, and it had the same issue.  Tried it again this morning, but nothing had changed.  I get like 4-5 minutes of gameplay before it cuts out.

Message 2 of 5 (5,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can somebody fix the problem what a WTF

@jindalian wrote:

I'm not a console guy at all, but with my computer getting old, and GTA5 and BF4 coming out so close together, I went and bought a PS3 - having no idea that was going to keep me from playing full-sized maps.  I pre-ordered BF4 the day my ps3 showed up in the mail, and got premium too.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've found that I get to keep about 50% of the XP that I earn.  Usually the game makes me fight to get to the server select page, and then kicks me out after a few minutes.  I know I have a good connection here, so it's not my network, and it looks like I'm not alone in this problem.

On top of all this, the game has been failing to connect to EA servers for the past 4 hours or so.  At this point, since the time my download finished I've spent more time TRYING to play than actually playing.  The best part is, I can't even find out what the problem is.  There's no error number or anything.  All it says is: You have lost the connection to the EA servers.  Online features will be unavailable.  Strange, because I don't believe I ever had been connected.

This actually happens all the time, but usually not until I actually have connected for a while.  This is the first time I've actually not been able to connect at all, but I have a strong suspicion it won't be the last.  Next time I decide to spend 3 hours pay on an EA product, maybe I'll just buy a bag of weed instead.  I'm a lot more likely to get what I paid for from a drug dealer!

Message 3 of 5 (5,562 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have the same problem since I bought the game weeks ago. Just sucks!
Message 4 of 5 (5,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

honistly spend 60 bucks on a darn wall mount coulda bought more ammo for **bleep** sakes

Message 5 of 5 (3,117 Views)