Xbox One Game DVR with BF4 doesn't work

by soggywaffletoast

Original Post

Xbox One Game DVR with BF4 doesn't work

★ Novice

Does anyone else's game dvr not function properly with bf4 on Xbox One? There are several different things that happen when I tell it to record.

1. The kinect detects "record that" then it never saves.

2. The kinect detects "record that" then it says game clip saved at the bottom, then the clip is 1 second long and sometimes not even what happened before I said record.

3.The kinect detects "record that" then it says game clip saved at the bottom but it is not in my clips and clicking on the notification, it says that clip was deleted or never published.

4. I manually go to game dvr and press end clip and I get a message that says, sorry can't do that right now.

Very frustrating and curious if anyone else is having the same problem?

Message 1 of 20 (6,715 Views)

Re: Xbox One Game DVR with BF4 doesn't work

★ Novice

Yes, this exact problem is happening to me. Game DVR works perfectly in all of my other games, but in BF4 it just does not record. It even acknowledges that I say "Xbox record that", but it either doesn't record, or records a 1 second clip. This is so frustrating. Please Dice fix this.

Message 2 of 20 (6,659 Views)

★ Novice

So it seems it will work everytime when I am at the menu's. It only seems to not work when in multiplayer. Weird....

Message 3 of 20 (6,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OP describes it exactly. I get the same issue.

Message 4 of 20 (6,645 Views)

★ Novice

I really hope they are aware of this issue, maybe they can fix this after the more important Exit to dashboard issue and such

Message 5 of 20 (6,604 Views)

★ Novice
I was having exactly the same issues as you guys since day 1 so what I did was uninstall BF4 from my Xbox and reinstalled it with my friends copy of BF4 and now it works everytime!!! So if you can borrow or rent a copy of BF4, reinstall the game and return it because you can use your original copy to play it still.
Message 6 of 20 (6,432 Views)

★ Novice

@klojusmi wrote:
I was having exactly the same issues as you guys since day 1 so what I did was uninstall BF4 from my Xbox and reinstalled it with my friends copy of BF4 and now it works everytime!!! So if you can borrow or rent a copy of BF4, reinstall the game and return it because you can use your original copy to play it still.

Unfortunately this did not work for me =/  I tried reinstalling using my friend's disc, and I know GameDVR works fine for him, But I'm now having the same issues. I really hope this problem is noticed by DICE. Insanely frustrating.

Message 7 of 20 (6,228 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was able to get my DVR to record when in the test range several times, but when I tried it during some great sniper games I had, it was a big let down to realize that the 8 or so clips I saved of awesome moments weren't ever saved..

it's a fantastic feature but what a let down to know it doesn't work!!!

I'm commenting to hopefully bring attention to this issueConfusedmileysad:

Message 8 of 20 (5,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm glad I checked in here and saw this, as I thought it was just me due to the sheet number of videos some people I follow are managing to capture.  I've had no success with the "Xbox Record That" or Game DVR in BF4 so far.  Hopefully this is on the list to be fixed now the server connections, for me at least, seem to be more stable.

Although it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game itself, it is one of the more interesting functions of the XB1 and it would be good to play with it a bit.

Message 9 of 20 (5,855 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've recorded a number of videos with the "Xbox Record That" command, as well as "Xbox, Snap Game DVR" command.

Message 10 of 20 (5,850 Views)