Re: Xbox One: Battlefield 4: You have lost connection to EA servers, online features will be unavailable.

by HADLEY7280

Original Post

Xbox One: Battlefield 4: You have lost connection to EA servers, online features will be unavailable.

★★ Novice

Everytime I want to play Battlefield 4, I can't connect to EA servers. My connection if fine, and I have tried absolutely everything. Called EA support many times, my ISP, reinstalled battlefield, changed NAT types, made sure all ports in my router were open and nothing. I hope they fix this, I hate not being able to play my games. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

Message 1 of 26 (29,685 Views)

Re: Xbox One: Battlefield 4: You have lost connection to EA servers, online features will be unavailable.

★★★ Newbie

* "you have lost connection to ea servers online features will be unavailable"

I have had this problem also but simply go to dashboard and sign out then start battlefield 4 it will ask to sign in automatically then sign in and should work... 

Good luck.. 

Oops NateB Oo

Message 2 of 26 (29,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Any change yet? I've tried everything. Why do I pay for an online account but I can't play online ????????????????
Message 3 of 26 (28,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has EA responding to any of these complaints?  

I checked my internet connection on my xbox and the connection is good.   I performed the multiplayer test and it's good.  No errors or anything.  My NAT is set to Open. According to my Xbox, everything should work fine.  When I click on BF4 multiplayer, I get that message that I've lost connection to the EA servers.

I've spoken with EA customer support twice and all they've said was to power cycle my xbox (which didn't work) and to run a program that checked my network (everything checked out fine).  The only advise they gave me was to open the Ports on my router.  Why do I need to open the Ports?  Why can I play BF3 on the 360 with my existing network and not BF4 with the Xbox One?  Shouldn't I be able to connect to the EA servers just the same?  

EA, this is a widespread problem.  The least you can do is address it and tell us that your'e looking into it.  

Message 4 of 26 (28,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same error here.

I initially had it installed... played a few game types no problem... On saturday I attempted to play and couldn't play any matchmaking.  I could only join other peoples games in progress.  I figured the servers were overloaded and read a few comments on twitter about my same issue.  So I tried again sunday, and nothing.  Connection error on matchmaking.

I am attempting to reinstall it now but it has disconnected several times so my hopes aren't high.

MY XBOX IS PERFECTLY ONLINE AND OUTSIDE MY ROUTER'S FIREWALL.  There is something wrong on your end EA that's causing these issues.

Message 5 of 26 (28,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

FIXED!!!!

Had a belkin router, got a linksys router.  No problems with linksys.  Belkin had this error consistantly.

Message 6 of 26 (28,102 Views)

★ Novice
I have had the same problem. It was working fine. Then for the last 3 days I haven't played a full game without losing connection to ea servers. Tried rebooting router. Tried a different router. Tried connect ion test. All said good with Open Nat. So annoyed I bought it for 360 and xbox one. Bought the premium for it. Spent enough money on the game least they could do is provide a good service. Dont know what else to do.
Message 7 of 26 (27,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its pretty much all EA fault, i am the same as all of you. fast unlimited internet, open NAT and everything says fine good to go.

it constantly wont work, paying hard earned money for an unfinished product sucks, 

its beyond unfunny EA respond please and fix it 

Message 8 of 26 (26,477 Views)

★★ Novice

The main thing in this one is that the cloud servers are crashing. Due to cost reduction is easy to save money and if is crashing is giving us a indian guy that has 2 USD a day instead of just solving the issue and put more resources and rent servers if is necessary. Is not first time when this is happening and will not be the last one. Michael Jackson had a nice song about it Standard smile "They don`t care about you"

Message 9 of 26 (25,763 Views)

Re: Xbox One: Battlefield 4: You have lost connection to EA servers, online features will be unavail

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I can't connect either, I was just fine until this update, then I can't do anything that involves multiplayer, I could connect just fine before that update, and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game to fix it, however everytime it asks me to update it right after reinstalling, I can't go on without installing the update, about half a day later from instaling that update, it keeps giving me that same message, its really, really, REALLY agrivating. Its the only game I have for the X Box one, and I can connect to EA easily with the X Box 360. Its just agrivating having spent so much time and money only to have it unplayable. Well, at leat I got to practically almost 100% everything in single player : /

Message 10 of 26 (19,026 Views)