Re: Xbox 360 S with 250Gb hard drive Battlefield 4 still won't install

by danqrl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox 360 S with 250Gb hard drive Battlefield 4 still won't install

★★★ Newbie

I have an Xbox 360 S with the 250GB hard drive and 110GB free space. the game wont complete the initial installation and keeps returning me to the xbox menu screen. 

I know there were warnings previous to release and on the packaging, however I do I have the same HD as shown on the box and I thought this problem only affected the Xbox 360 consoles with minimal memory 

my friend has the older model xbox 306 and his works fine, does this install problem affcect all Xbox 360 S consoles or just the ones with minimal memory? 

is anyone else having this problem or playing BF4 on the 250GB xbox 360 S?

Message 1 of 5 (3,143 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

OK so i head down to my local game store to see if i can try loading the game onto my HD via another console. turns out the guy behind the desk says hes not heard of this issue before, he looks at the disc and notices a cluster of tiny scratches (lazer burns) caused by the console at some point.... they offer to fix tthe disc for £3 i hand it over dubiously, 10 mins later i collect the disc, lazer burns are gone, and im back home and all is well, time to get on the battle field. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (3,131 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
i have the halo reach special editiion xbox 360 slim with 250gb hard drive. i have 92gb available and when i click to install when prompted the bar barely fills at all (the length it seems to go before the problem varies but always happens quite early in the installation) the installation stops and it asks me again to install and pick the storage device.....it starts to install then the same box instructing me to install appears....i accept again...pick storage device again....and the problem repeats.

PLLEEEEAAAAASSEE somebody help with this i just want to play Frown
Message 2 of 5 (3,088 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Danqrl who replied to you with the same issue yesterday has resolved it which is why he is now playing and I'm replying to you Wink He took the hard drive from his 250GB slim and put it into my 250GB slim console, signed in as himself and installed it on my console, took the hard drive out and put it back in his console and it works fine. Hopefully you know someone you can go visit to get it installed.
Message 3 of 5 (3,068 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well any solution at the moment is a good start, however i dont know any one locally with an xbox 360 S so ill have to think of a way round this, but many thanks . at least there is a light at the end of my battlefieldless tunnel. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 4 of 5 (3,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK so i head down to my local game store to see if i can try loading the game onto my HD via another console. turns out the guy behind the desk says hes not heard of this issue before, he looks at the disc and notices a cluster of tiny scratches (lazer burns) caused by the console at some point.... they offer to fix tthe disc for £3 i hand it over dubiously, 10 mins later i collect the disc, lazer burns are gone, and im back home and all is well, time to get on the battle field. 

Message 5 of 5 (3,132 Views)