Re: XBOX Elite Series 2 Bluetooth Random Frame Outs and Connection Drops

by Veteran_Dev

Original Post

XBOX Elite Series 2 Bluetooth Random Frame Outs and Connection Drops

★★ Apprentice

Originally, it started happening whilst playing games like Nioh and GTAV. The controller would randomly disconnect and then reconnect again after a few seconds. But now what I've noticed since buying Battlefield 4 through Steam last week and playing multiplayer, is that I get really bad frame outs in the game along with the flashing slow connection icons on the side of the screen. Then the controller actually freezes! The screen full-on freezes too and then the main light on the controller starts flashing. However unlike other games when similar behaviour was witnessed, this time it doesn't reconnect. You have to hold down the main button to power the controller down, then press it again to turn it back on. The only way to play without problems is to leave it connected via USB.

I really haven't the energy to return this controller a third time but if I have to, then so be it. I'm curious though if anybody else here has experienced this specifically on Battlefield 4 or similar?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (624 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey there, @Veteran_Dev when you are playing is your PC 100% usage in task manger and how are your temps looking?

/Atic
Message 2 of 3 (542 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic  My GPU was at 96% and CPU at 97% upon testing just now yet oddly, my controller  didn't have any disconnection issues during that match. It may have something to do with the server I choose to join and it's ping. I'll look into it further. 

Message 3 of 3 (531 Views)