Re: Wrong account linked in game | NOT ME

by TapouTony420

Original Post

Wrong account linked in game | NOT ME

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just repurchased BF4 on sale and when i log in it shows the solider of a buddy of mine when we used to play on the same XB360.

Went through all the EA help, changed emails, checked battlelog, and nothing works, can't link my PS4.

Any help would be awesome because this will most likely affect BF1 also.

BL link: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/LostinGermany/

Link to the tweet with some SS: https://twitter.com/LostinGermanyTV/status/745646365628370944

Thank you

Message 1 of 7 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice

No one has any ideas here?

EA live chat was no help, waited 40 minutes for it to load and got nothing...

Message 2 of 7 (734 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Best Idea is trying to delete the game file and and see if that works but idk tbh kinda a long shot guess for me 

Message 3 of 7 (718 Views)

★★★ Novice

Deleted game and saved data twice, no change.

Message 4 of 7 (702 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LostLovesGames

Well looking at your screenshots, it looks like you linked your PSN Account to a different Origin Account than the one you linked with your Battlelog link.  It is linked with this Battlelog and not the one you linked above.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 5 of 7 (696 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wow that's really weird maybe my old roommate logged into my account?

How can I unlink an account or is that something EA has to do?

Thanks for the help Tap

Message 6 of 7 (688 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@LostLovesGames

No, it doesn't happen by just logging into the account, you must do a process on your PC to be able to link a PSN ID or XBL Gamertag to an Origin Account.

Yes, an un-link is possible by help of an EA Game Adviser, but it will delete ALL multiplayer progress from that account.  I believe it will wipe it from both the linked PSN ID and Origin, but I'm not 100% on that.  It will for sure wipe it all from the PSN ID.  A Game Adviser is the only person that can do this, and it is done on a case-to-case basis.  If it does get un-linked, the steps below will allow you to link it to the Origin Account you wish.

Here are the steps needed to link your Xbox Live Gamertag (Or PSN ID) to your Origin Account:

1. Open the Origin Client and click the "Friends" button in the top right corner (If you do not have the Origin Client downloaded, you can do so here)
2. Click "Add a Friend"
3. Inside this menu, you will see the option to connect to your Xbox Live Gamer Tag (Or PSN ID)

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 7 of 7 (681 Views)