Does the 'profanity filter' for clan tags make ANY sense?

by -BoD-Aska_Light

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will I get banned for my emblem?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Dear EA support,

this question may sound like a joke to you, but I am 100% serious.

Will I get banned if I use the emblem creator to draw a [male reproductive organ]? I mean the game is rated 18+ as far as I know, and so are adult movies, so it's appropriate for those who will see it. I really don't want to get banned for this, so I'm asking in advance. Also I would add a link to the picture I intend to use, but I'm affraid I get banned for that as well.

Hoping to get an answer soon and have a nice day,

smeiksmeik350.

Message 2 of 11 (6,658 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is my Emblem appropriate?

Community Manager (retired)

While Battlefield 4 is a Mature rated game, the forums on the other hand are visible to everyone. The emblem system is governed by the Terms of Service. Part of the terms of service prohibits the display or sharing of sexually explicit content - this includes an image of the male reproductive organ.

In short - if you create this emblem and it is reported (which I am pretty certain it will be) then you could potentially have action taken against you. I recommend not doing this, or creating any other type of potentially offensive emblems just to be on the safe side. I would hate to see you get in trouble for something like that. 

Thanks.

~Rick.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (7,174 Views)

All Replies

Does the 'profanity filter' for clan tags make ANY sense?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The clan tag i have been using with my friends since 2008 is [BoD].

It is now "invalid".

Could that be, because it MAY slightly, if one is stupid, childish and moronic, resemble the male genitalia?

EA, Battlefield is rated M/18+, so i think profanity should not be a problem.

I younger people play this game, there are other things to worry about, than 'profanity'

I think it shows what EA thinks of their customers, that fans of battlefield now are unable to use clantags they have been using since the beginning of their clan history.
They have nothing but contempt for us.

Does Steam have any problems with this tag? No!

Any other developers? None come to my mind, maybe you have some?

Get your stuff together, EA, or better yet, DICE, please look for a different publisher.

EA ruined a once great series, as it did with so many others.

Message 1 of 11 (6,614 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

While Battlefield 4 is a Mature rated game, the forums on the other hand are visible to everyone. The emblem system is governed by the Terms of Service. Part of the terms of service prohibits the display or sharing of sexually explicit content - this includes an image of the male reproductive organ.

In short - if you create this emblem and it is reported (which I am pretty certain it will be) then you could potentially have action taken against you. I recommend not doing this, or creating any other type of potentially offensive emblems just to be on the safe side. I would hate to see you get in trouble for something like that. 

Thanks.

~Rick.

Message 3 of 11 (7,175 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh well, too bad. Thank you for answering so quickly though!

Message 4 of 11 (6,536 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i made a swastika emblem on BF1 and it got reported. hence i am banned from the EA servers.        Do you know how long until i can get my privilege back?      

- thx

Message 5 of 11 (4,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same happened to me. Made a stupid mistake. But i got rid of it ages ago but now i just got banned. Did you end up getting un banned ? 

Message 6 of 11 (4,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Rick just copied and pasted both his paragraphs from another forum from BF1
I've got banned for a Natzi Swastica which by the way Cod BO1 can use it for zombies
Message 7 of 11 (4,011 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for that Rick
Message 8 of 11 (3,001 Views)

★★ Novice
Well...yeah, Why wouldnt youget banned for that?
Message 9 of 11 (3,001 Views)

Re: Does the 'profanity filter' for clan tags make ANY sense?

★★ Novice
Jeeze. Get over yourself Aska_light. Why doesnt Mature Rated come with the expectation that the players also act like adults? Some of us have kids and not all of us feel the need to swear or have naked double Ds as our emblem. Be the adult and accept "No" for an snswer with out whining about it or complaining when others choose to be their best man
Message 10 of 11 (2,998 Views)