Re: Why do I keep getting kicked by punkbuster??

by BassMan_PC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why do I keep getting kicked by punkbuster??

★★ Guide

I decided to fire up BF4 as I haven't played in a long time and I got kicked by PB on the first server I joined.  So, I figured I needed to update PB and I ran PB setup.  After the update I got kicked again. I was like ummm.... that makes no sense.  Then I remembered that I was running Reshade (never an issue in the past when I played) and I removed it.  Still getting kicked... What is going on?  I have never cheated before and now I can't play.

Message 1 of 11 (3,284 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Guide
OK, I got it working. I had reformatted my OS drive recently, but had the game installed on a separate games drive. When I reinstalled Origin, I was able to direct it to the game install and the game was working. However, I don't think Punkbuster was actually installed. So, I uninstalled the game and then downloaded it again. I chose the option to install PB when installing and everything works like normal. I am even able to use Reshade like before.

Origin needs to do a better job of verifying the files when scanning the game install location and include a search for PB. Also, the game needs to better communicate that PB is not installed properly instead of just saying "You have been kicked by Punkbuster".

This experience has been very frustrating.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (3,155 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Are you still in need of any help?

Message 2 of 11 (3,179 Views)

Community Manager

@BassMan_PC 

What is the exact message you're getting when you're removed from the server? Can you provide a screenshot? 

You can try performing a clean boot to see if it's some program running in the background that's getting picked up by PunkBuster. If you perform the clean boot and immediately launch the game with no problems, it's related to a program then. If you're still getting kicked it sounds like you were either suspended or banned.

How to Perform a Clean Boot

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

How to Dispute a PunkBuster Ban

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/punkbuster-bans-and-violations/

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 11 (3,178 Views)

★★ Guide

I did the clean boot and still the same.  I have attached a screenshot.

Message 4 of 11 (3,167 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
OK, I got it working. I had reformatted my OS drive recently, but had the game installed on a separate games drive. When I reinstalled Origin, I was able to direct it to the game install and the game was working. However, I don't think Punkbuster was actually installed. So, I uninstalled the game and then downloaded it again. I chose the option to install PB when installing and everything works like normal. I am even able to use Reshade like before.

Origin needs to do a better job of verifying the files when scanning the game install location and include a search for PB. Also, the game needs to better communicate that PB is not installed properly instead of just saying "You have been kicked by Punkbuster".

Message 5 of 11 (3,156 Views)

Community Manager

@BassMan_PC 

Glad you were able to find out what the cause was. Thanks for relaying that back to us so others can try that if they experience it as well. 

Thank you for playing Battlefield!

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 11 (3,126 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@BassMan_PC wrote:

You get the full kick message if you connect to a server via battlelog. For some reason the UI doesn't give anymore than what you posted.

Message 7 of 11 (3,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes

Message 8 of 11 (2,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i need help

Message 9 of 11 (1,426 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@killercop36 Launch BF4 through battlelog and give the full kick message please.
Message 10 of 11 (1,419 Views)