by EA_Joker

Original Post

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate BF4

★ Apprentice

Nope. Still waiting on a fix.

Message 11 of 22 (1,526 Views)

★ Novice

I've tried absolutely everything. I know it works as EA got it working their end. Something is blocking the activation but I can't figure out what. I've had my pc running to it's bare bones with nothing running. I've had it scanned with all sorts of programs to see if theres something wrong . The only thing left is something in my superhub blocking it but I've even had that running as just a modem to bypass the wireless and I still get the error message. Looking over the internet there are a hell of a lot of people with the same problem but yet no fix?!

If this is what you have to go through just to play a game I've payed for then you have to wonder why people would rather torrent.

Message 12 of 22 (1,510 Views)

★ Apprentice

I highly doubt the issue is your pc. It is on their end, and according to that last game adviser I talked to, they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it...

But I am skeptical it is a priority issue for them as there may be as little as 100-1000 people with the problem and even if we all never bought EA games again it wouldn't make a dent in their business. I'll give it more time and if there is no resolution I will have to hound them daily until they fix it.

Message 13 of 22 (1,490 Views)

★ Apprentice

The newest beta version of Origin didn't fix the issue(not that I assumed that is what it was for).

Message 14 of 22 (1,474 Views)

★ Apprentice

The issue still isn't fixed as of January 5 2016. I may re-open my support ticket again and see what is going on.

Message 15 of 22 (1,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Issue still happening as of Feb 20th. I attempted to speak to a game adviser online but their system is messed up and I discovered they closed my old cases. Got an automated email saying they would contact me and never did. What a nightmare.

EDIT:
Contacted EA help again. Evidently they don't keep records of previous cases/chat transcripts or something. Anyway.

They emailed me these steps to try(they didn't work):

DEP

Please follow these steps:

Open System by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

1. Click Advanced System Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Under Performance, click Settings.

3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.

Disabling UAC in Windows Vista

1. Click on Start 2. Click on Control Panel 3. Click on the "Classic View" option 4. Select User Accounts (it should open into the account of the user who is currently logged in) 5. Click on the bottom-most option, which will be "Turn User Account Control On or Off" 6. Uncheck the checkbox 7. Accept the changes 8. Restart the computer

EDIT 2:

Contacted them again. They said:

GA: since you have almost tried all the relevant steps.
GA: To resolve the issue may I escalate the issue with our technical experts.
GA: They will investigate your issue and will provide you a resolution with in 72 hours via email .

We'll see...lol.

EDIT 3:

6 days later, they haven't gotten back to me. I'm in the queue to talk to another agent. This must be the 10th time
Message 16 of 22 (1,415 Views)

★ Apprentice

Fixed!

See end of first post

Message 17 of 22 (4,742 Views)

★ Novice

Getting exactly the same message but with no help from the EA advisers.  Really disappointed with EA's level of professionalism. wish someone would actually fix this issue.

Message 18 of 22 (1,205 Views)
Highlighted

EA Community Manager

Hey @Drakuzeth,

if you receive an error that says "unable to connect to servers to activate", I'd suggest trying to turn off firewall / antivirus program temporarily so nothing is blocking the activation process. Make sure to start Origin as admin, in doubt also try to perform a clean boot to rule out other programs or processes as root cause. Here's how you do that.

Message 19 of 22 (1,175 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi guys,

Has anybody got anything to work yet? I have the same problem and have tried everything. The one advisor actually told me that he thinks I should refund the game seeing that he does not have anymore advice.

Message 20 of 22 (1,107 Views)