Was logged into generic account

by 728376

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Was logged into generic account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello dear readers,

today I was trying to log into my Battlelog account (username: Seraphim_Crypto) for Battlefield 4. I was lead to the log in for my EA account and used my regular email address, and logged in without much issue (I've reset the password once, though)
However, instead of logging into Seraphim_Crypto, I was logged into this account with a generic username.
I am not entirely sure if that is an error on my part or the system. It may be possible that my actual EA Account is linked to a different email address, since I am using that account for a looong time now (since the days of Need for Speed: Carbon). In that case, I forgot the email address to log in, and I am unable to find the email address in any of the games where the EA account is used (I tried Need for Speed: Carbon, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, Battlefield 3 and of course Battlefield 4, where I am currently logged in).

What makes me thinking is that when I used my regular Email address to log in to the EA account (not sign up), I was lead to this account straight away. I have to mention here again that I did reset the password once before logging in. The Email to reset the password was sent to the correct Email address without any issue, so this leads to the assumption that this account already existed beforehand and was not created when I reset my password.
EDIT: Just noted in the settings, the Email linked to this account is already verified. 

I've tried to contact an EA Advisor. Unfortunately it's Sunday and the telephone service is not available, which is why I am using this way. I would try to contact an EA Advisor again tomorrow, but waiting until tomorrow would ruin my chance to redeem a special Dog Tag through a promotion today.

My questions are: is there a way to find out how I can log into my real EA account/my Battlelog? A way to find out the Email address of my real EA account (in case it's actually a different email)? What are the steps I have to take to get access to my real EA account again? 

Thanks in advance. If I left out any information you may need to solve my issue, please ask.

Message 1 of 4 (285 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Was logged into generic account

★★★★★ Apprentice

Your best bet it to contact a Ea advisor via chat it'll be worth your wait https://help.ea.com/en/chat/initialize/

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (287 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Your best bet it to contact a Ea advisor via chat it'll be worth your wait https://help.ea.com/en/chat/initialize/

Message 2 of 4 (288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Rarity-RDX,

sounds like proper advice! I wasn't aware of a Live Chat Option. I will try to get into contact with an EA Advisor via chat. I will also mark your answer as solution. Thank you for the reply!

Message 3 of 4 (268 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No problem glad to help out :D 

Message 4 of 4 (258 Views)