Re: VOIP is coming through my speakers, not my headset.

by Keydet96

Original Post

VOIP is coming through my speakers, not my headset.

★★★ Newbie

Just like the title says. I hear everyone talking through the speakers and not my headphones. Which wouldn't be a problem if my headphones didn't cut backround noise out so well. I can hardly hear my squad mates talk through all the noise of battle.

Message 1 of 3 (584 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Are you actually playing on console or on PC? That issue is mostly related to your speaker setup on your actual machine. As an example, you can setup in your Xbox One setting that the VOIP channel is coming through your headphones while your TV is just playing general audio as usual but that depends on which system you play Battlefield.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 3 (556 Views)

★★ Novice

It's also a problem when some 11 year old kid starts screaming the F word over and over through voice chat and you were trying to use your headset to keep the neighbors in your apartment building from complaining about the noise.

I don't know of any other game that handles sound this way. With everything else I play, once I plug my headset it, all the sounds from every source are played through them instead of the speakers.

Message 3 of 3 (459 Views)