Re: Upgrading from standard to premium on PS4

by EA_Stiv

Original Post

Upgrading from standard to premium on PS4

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have been using BF4 standard which is on a disc and now I have purchased Premium via the PS Store.

I noticed two downloads, one 1.1MB and the other 33GB, so I assume the larger one is the base game and the smaller file an instruction to tell the base game that it 'should' be premium.

But as I have the base game is there a need to download the 33GB file? Also what would the sequence of events be when I get home from work and turn my PS on? I have set the PS to download updates whilst powered off.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 2 (272 Views)

Re: Upgrading from standard to premium on PS4

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @RANSO73,

Did you purchase Premium, or the Premium edition? I ask because the Premium edition is the full game, plus Premium. This might not be why you're seeing such a large file, as the maps themselves can be quite large, but I thought I'd ask just to make sure.

The general flow when you get home should be along the lines of downloading the Premium file, then downloading each individual map pack. Once you do this, you'll be free to enjoy the benefits of Premium in game. You may need to complete a match or two for the benefits to activate on Battlelog, as well as receiving your Battlepacks.

Message 2 of 2 (257 Views)