Update needed after update has completed.

by FoxyEdd

Original Post

Update needed after update has completed.

★★★★★ Newbie

I went online to play Battlefield 4 on my PC last night. It had been a while since I played last so I needed to update my browser as well as the game to download Second Assault. I've done that but it's still saying I need to update my game. When I click on update it goes to origin where it processes for a little bit then stops. I've verified the game files and origin says they are all up to date, so why is it still saying I need to update? It's kind of frustrating because I've wanted to play but I have been unable to because of this simple problem.

Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Re: Update needed after update has completed.

Community Manager (retired)

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well). Close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

Clear your browser cache and/or try a different browser. Reinstall your webplugins for battlelog. Get sure that you have disabled all ad and application blocking software in your browser and using the latest version of Adobe Flash

Try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 2 (168 Views)