Re: Update download stuck at 99% percent

by Dhia_Huseein

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Update download stuck at 99% percent

★ Novice

hey, trying to download the update for bf4 Digital deluxe, and it is stuck at 99% (258.36/260.03MB)

ive tried rebooting my pc, starting origin as an admin, says its downloading the patch @ 99% if i try to play.

if i tell it to cancel the update, then try to update it via the update game link in origin, i get an error, "Sorry, but Origin is currently using that folder for another operation. Please try again later"

anyone got any ideas for me here?

Message 1 of 11 (34,575 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi everybody , i have the same problem and im fixed that . the solve try to pause download and go to folder game and delete files name "__Installer" , and then try to resuming download . will see download its continue and finished and play . thanks all , goodluckWink

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (17,259 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well)
If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

This worked out in the most cases, if not, try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 11 (34,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

starting origin as admin, and nothing changes, firewall is disabled, and computer is actually stuck in DMZ of router, so all ports are open to it, and still the same issue.

other games will download and install just fine via origin, only game I am having issues with is BF4

Message 3 of 11 (34,501 Views)

★ Novice

I am experiencing the same issue with BF4. It attempted to to install a large update and is at "1,259.01 MB of 1,259.01 MB" and is 100% complete, but is not finishing. When I attempt to play online it alerts me that I do not have the latest patch. Continues assistance into this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Message 4 of 11 (34,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Stuck in the same exact situation....
Antivirus Disabled,
Running as Admin
Uninstall/Reninstall

Still to no avail...

Message 5 of 11 (34,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So it seems I've found a fix.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493832217206/
As suggested by the comments I cut the "Battlefield 4" folder out of the "Origin Games" folder and pasted it on my desktop. Then I restarted the Origin client. Showed that BF4 needed to be installed. Closed the client again and put  BF4 folder back in. After that it was a quick update and install (about 2 minutes) and I'm good to play.

Message 6 of 11 (34,411 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

tyty it worked also it enabled origin to update. Origin needed updating aswell. Confusedmileysurprised:

Message 7 of 11 (34,318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just had the same problem just with DAI .. the cut/paste swap did the trick. 

Why is it that every other time i use Origin i need to go to the forums for some hack to get it to work? This must be the buggiest software ever.

Message 8 of 11 (30,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exact same problem for me in Dragon Age 2, cut/paste did the trick, thank you!

Message 9 of 11 (30,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi everybody , i have the same problem and im fixed that . the solve try to pause download and go to folder game and delete files name "__Installer" , and then try to resuming download . will see download its continue and finished and play . thanks all , goodluckWink

Message 10 of 11 (17,260 Views)