Re: Unable to download owned battlefield 4 expansions

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to download owned battlefield 4 expansions

★★★ Novice

I have access to battlefield 4 premium through my EA play subscription, but can't download the expansion packs required for multiplayer. Every time I try to join a server, I it tells me to download all the DLCs that I already own, but the "Download" button in Origin is unresponsive. I can click it all I want, but no downloads start. Seeing other similar threads on the forum, I reinstalled both Origin and BF4 multiple times over, but nothing has changed. I'm doing this from PC. Its specs are:

-windows 8.1, 64 bit

-i5-3570

-gtx 1050

-12 gb ram

Message 1 of 7 (687 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team
Now do the Origin clear cache again @Gur-Nicholaus that should change to download.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (462 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @Gur-Nicholaus, can you try to clear your origin cache to see if that helps to download. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 7 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_AticDid that, still can't download them, but my PC booted like the previous one from 2005. I hope that tampering origin didn't break anything. Edit: at least it doesn't crash now if I spam the download button, improvement, I guess. 

Message 3 of 7 (606 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Well, apparently the $25 subscription doesn't actually pay for access to either of the two games I have tried so far. Money well spent.
Message 4 of 7 (546 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Gur-Nicholaus can you try to do a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Origin. 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 7 (546 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Did that, the "Download" button changed to "Details" (picture attached), after I clicked it and "Agreed" to lose my right to withdrawal (that I apparently had until now, despite the no refunds policy?). No visible downloads started, but since then whenever I click "Play", it warns me that downloads are in progress. None of the expansion packs have been downloaded in two hours, despite my 400 mbps download rate. 

Message 6 of 7 (512 Views)

EA DICE Team
Now do the Origin clear cache again @Gur-Nicholaus that should change to download.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (463 Views)